+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

'Twilight' Author's Personal Message to Fans
    Dec. 16, 2008, 5:12 AM EST
    Entertainment Tonight

Stephenie Meyer, author of the popular vampire series "Twilight," is doing her best to reassure fans that the sequel "New Moon," is in good hands with the film's new director.

The best-selling author addressed worried fans on her Web site Monday, and urged them to put their faith in "New Moon" director Chris Weitz.

"I'm excited to work with Chris and I think he brings a lot to the table," Meyer writes on her Web site. "I'm really looking forward to seeing his vision for 'New Moon.'"

Meyer also responds to the concern of many fans that under new direction the big screen version of the sequel would not stay true to the novel's story line, and that the second film would be entirely different from the wildly successful "Twilight."

"He is also very aware of you, the fans, and wants to keep you all extremely happy," she says. "Torches and pitchforks are not going to be necessary."

Check out StephenieMeyer.com to read more from the author and a letter to "Twilight" fans from "New Moon" director Chris Weitz.

'Twilight' Author's Personal Message to Fans - MSN Movies News

StephenieMeyer.com -- The Official Website of Stephenie Meyer
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

LG.

torches and pitchforks aren't necessary . . . but they are so much fun. Just kidding. I'm glad SPEGSy is comfortable with the new director.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I just read that Taylor Lautner (Jacob) is sitting down with Chris Weitz on Friday. Taylor has also put on 19 pounds, he's working out furiously and has promised Chris Weitz 10 more pounds by the time filming starts. Taylor is doing everything he can to secure the role of Jacob in New Moon.

In looking around the web, Taylor is extremely popular, many, a vast majority, want him to stay Jacob. Is this a huge consideration for Summit and Weitz as well? I don't know.

Hm, that's interesting as I saw a quick blurb on ET a couple days ago saying that they're looking to replace Taylor. I'm curious to see how altered his appearance is now that he's pumped up.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3254132;
    I just read that Taylor Lautner (Jacob) is sitting down with Chris Weitz on Friday. Taylor has also put on 19 pounds, he's working out furiously and has promised Chris Weitz 10 more pounds by the time filming starts. Taylor is doing everything he can to secure the role of Jacob in New Moon.

In looking around the web, Taylor is extremely popular, many, a vast majority, want him to stay Jacob. Is this a huge consideration for Summit and Weitz as well? I don't know.
    Did he promise to grow 5 inches too? For me, the issue isn't his physique (muscle-wise), it's his height. He's too short to play Jacob. Plus, he's just too cute. Jacob has an edge to him and Taylor looks like he could be on the Mickey Mouse Club!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3254255;
    Did he promise to grow 5 inches too? For me, the issue isn't his physique (muscle-wise), it's his height. He's too short to play Jacob. Plus, he's just too cute. Jacob has an edge to him and Taylor looks like he could be on the Mickey Mouse Club!

I totally agree, Critical. Too short and too cute. It is really not his fault, and no refection on his acting. Jacob needs to look a little more wild, and simply must be taller, if not more muscular.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Newbie

So nice to see so many Eddie Spears as Jacob Black fans, here! I must say it's truly dissapointing that he is being passed over to portray the role. He would have been fantastic! Even Steven Strait seems out of the picture. Taylor Lautner is cute, but I'm not looking for just cute when it comes to Jacob. And I completely detest Michael Copon getting the role. If you'd like to support Eddie Spears as Jacob Black, feel free to go to petitionsite.com and look up the Eddie Spears as Jacob Black petition.

Quote Originally Posted by kc in mo;3254503;
    So nice to see so many Eddie Spears as Jacob Black fans, here! I must say it's truly disappointing that he is being passed over to portray the role. He would have been fantastic! Even Steven Strait seems out of the picture. Taylor Lautner is cute, but I'm not looking for just cute when it comes to Jacob. And I completely detest Michael Copon getting the role. If you'd like to support Eddie Spears as Jacob Black, feel free to go to petitionsite.com and look up the Eddie Spears as Jacob Black petition.
    Is that official? Just because Chris is sitting down to talk with Taylor doesn't mean he has the role. I still think Taylor is good for the beginning of the movie before he phases but I would love to see Eddie Spears in the later role!

I know - no resemblance between them but who cares
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I don't think anything is official. Taylor said in an interview that he has not been told no. So, he is doing everything he can to secure the role. I believe they are likely casting for Eclipse as well, and while I adore Taylor and he fits the sweet, best friend Jacob, the huge, aggressive, vying for Bella's love Jacob will be a stretch.

I'd take Eddie Spears and Steven Strait. I don't like Michael Copon and I don't like his premature celebrating on his Facebook. That lacks class.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3254630;
    I'd take Eddie Spears and Steven Strait. I don't like Michael Copon and I don't like his premature celebrating on his Facebook. That lacks class.
    I completely agree.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread