+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

I think Taylor was cast well as young Jacob because in the first book isn't he supposed to be 14 to Bella's age 16? He looks young, and should appear younger looking then Bella until he shifts then I think he matures to at least looking the same age as Bella or maybe even older looking. But, he is still technically two years younger then Bella.

I would hope that they would use younger looking Jacob until he changes and then replace him with the older Jacob for remaining movies.

I agree with oneTVslave I love Eddie Spears because he looks as if he belongs in LaPush! Taylor has the Indian high cheekbones but Eddie looks great! IMO
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I loved About a Boy, too OTiS. I didn't see Golden Compass either, but it seems slightly closer to the Twilight stories in feel than American Pie!

I thought Jacob was 15 to Bella's 16
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Jacob is 15, Bella is 17 when she moves to Forks. Remember, she hates the thought of her birthday because she'll be 18 and forever "older" than Edward. I'm not so worried about who they'll chose to play Jacob (if they change the actor) as I am about how they'll do the phasing scenes. The first time we see Jake as a wolf, he phases right in front of Bella so they should show the transition. I just hope they do it well!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3251071;
    Jacob is 15, Bella is 17 when she moves to Forks. Remember, she hates the thought of her birthday because she'll be 18 and forever "older" than Edward. I'm not so worried about who they'll chose to play Jacob (if they change the actor) as I am about how they'll do the phasing scenes. The first time we see Jake as a wolf, he phases right in front of Bella so they should show the transition. I just hope they do it well!
    You are so right! When Jacob and Bella meet up at the LaPush beach he tells her that he just turned 15 - so there is a 2 year age difference between them (not that it matters). So, Jacob is supposed to look younger then Bella and I think that Taylor works great in that respect.

I am not sure that he can mature in looks fast enough to play Jacob after the phase transition; but I thought he works as early Jacob. (minus the fake looking wig) I would be OK with a new actor playing beefed up Jacob but even though it is all fiction - one does hope that the likeness between the two would be realistic.

Chris will have his work cut out for him with casting. I also agree with those who feel that Rosalie does not look the part. When I first saw the actress in her normal hair color - I thought she might be good (she is beautiful in her natural hair color) but seeing her hair blonde did not work at all for me. However, I thought her attitude and acting was spot on.

Carlisle also does not look as good as a blonde. You know, I could forget their color discrepancy if they just let them look as they normally do. I had the feeling that the budget was tight on the first film, so I get that they had to cut corners; but they really should see what the actors look like in their wigs and future hair colors before casting.

Another small little bother with the film was the fact that they have Angela hooked up with Eric instead of Ben Chaney - or did I get that mixed up? Were they a couple in the first book, and then later Angela and Ben get together?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Angela went to the prom with Ben in the first book.

I was surprised to see how many of the actors had to get their hair color changed to play the parts: Carlisle, Emmett, Rosalie, even Jasper, I think. Edward had his hair dyed, too, because it was the wrong color (it had been dyed for another movie and they had to change it) I even read that Bella had a wig! Something to do with it being easier in the rainy, wet climate - they would only have to dry the front part of her hair and the rest was covered.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I am all for Chris being the new director as I absolutely loved About a Boy.

I have mixed emotions about them changing the actor for Jacob's character. I just loved Taylor in the first one, and I really liked his personality in all the interviews that I saw him in. But, Jacob does grow to look like he is 26 by the end of his transformation and I don't think Taylor can pull that off. Any one of those hunky men above could do the job! Thanks for the pics!

FORT Newbie

Nikki Reed that was in Twilight was also in Nite Tales that i love o' so much.

FORT Newbie

hi all!!
    i'm italian...
    i've read twilight, new moon,eclipse and breaking down last week.
    wonderfull books...are incredible!!!
    i haven't words...

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabeth;3252006;
    hi all!!
    i'm italian...
    i haven't words...
    Hi Elisabeth!!!!
    to FORT!!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabeth;3252006;
    hi all!!
    i'm italian...
    i haven't words...
    Welcome Elisabeth! Have you seen the movie?

And, yes, many of us agree, the books are incredible, so happy to hear you enjoyed them.

+ Reply to Thread