+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

*drops jaw* yum. I could live with that
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Wow. Just wow. Got this old woman's heart a thumpin'
    My vote is for Michael Capone. He and Taylor Lautner even resemble each other enough that it could work. And as he's the oldest, it eliminates a *little* of the Mrs Robinson feeling ...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I like him. He's definitely a more believable "wolf", and not as cutesy as Taylor. So much of Jacob's later scenes are him being angry about his changing, and jealousy of Edward - I don't Taylor pulling that off.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I was listening to music in the van last night and thinking about this thread.
    Suddenly "Precious" by Depeche Mode came on and it was like BAM!!

Ok let me see if I can covey this well.

Edward angrily breaking it off with Bella in the woods *music into starts in the background*
    Cuts back and fourth between Bella laying there devestated
    Shots of men in the woods searching for her/flashlights etc
    Her laying there
    Edwards family packing to move
    Bella/men/etc
    Edward looking back sadly as they finish packing their things and leave
    Sam carrying Bella home
    The Cullens

etc.. you get the idea.

Listening to the song from the Cullen's /Edwards perspective is quite haunting.

Precious and fragile things
    Need special handling
    My God what have we done to You?

We always try to share
    The tenderest of care
    Now look what we have put You through...

Things get damaged
    Things get broken
    I thought we'd manage
    But words left unspoken
    Left us so brittle
    There was so little left to give

Angels with silver wings
    Shouldn't know suffering
    I wish I could take the pain for You

If God has a master plan
    That only He understands
    I hope it's Your eyes He's seeing through

Things get damaged
    Things get broken
    I thought we'd manage
    But words left unspoken
    Left us so brittle

I pray You learn to trust
    Have faith in both of us
    And keep room in Your heart for two

Things get damaged
    Things get broken
    I thought we'd manage
    But words left unspoken
    Left us so brittle
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3250758;
    I was listening to music in the van last night and thinking about this thread.
    Suddenly "Precious" by Depeche Mode came on and it was like BAM!!

Ok let me see if I can covey this well.

Edward angrily breaking it off with Bella in the woods *music into starts in the background*
    Cuts back and fourth between Bella laying there devestated
    Shots of men in the woods searching for her/flashlights etc
    Her laying there
    Edwards family packing to move
    Bella/men/etc
    Edward looking back sadly as they finish packing their things and leave
    Sam carrying Bella home
    The Cullens

etc.. you get the idea.

Listening to the song from the Cullen's /Edwards perspective is quite haunting.
    Brilliant! I love, love, love this! I can see your take on this pivotal scene and it fits perfectly. The song is exactly the right tone and mood. Nicely done ClosetNerd.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Summit confirms Chris Weitz.

Summit Entertainment

A letter below from Chris Weitz to fans of the Twilight series.

Dear fans of Twilight, New Moon, Bella, Edward and Jacob,

In the past few days I have been involved in a whirlwind romance with Stephenie Meyers’ extraordinary books.

And I am very grateful to have received her permission to protect New Moon in its translation from the page to the screen.

For fans of the books and of the film of Twilight, this may come as an unexpected twist. So I want to write briefly to try to put you at ease, and to give you reason to hope for and expect the best.

For the last decade of my career as a director, I have chosen to make adaptations of complex and involved works of literature. This has always begun with the love of a book and its characters, story, and theme; and it has always involved a respect of and responsiveness to the feelings of other people who loved those books.

When I saw the film of Twilight, I was alternately entranced and left hungry for more. I was also struck by the extraordinary passion for the characters, story and theme that was evident in the people sitting in the seats around me. My job is to live up to that devotion.

Like many of you, I am a fan of Catherine Hardwicke’s work. I can’t really say much about why she is not doing New Moon because I wasn’t involved in those decisions. But I can say that I will devote myself to making the very best and most faithful version of New Moon that can be brought to the screen. To those who doubt that as a male director I can capture Bella’s experience, I can only say that emotion is universal and that my work has often involved working with some of the most talented actresses in the world.

For the rest, the proof will have to be in the pudding. But I promise to remain responsive to your hopes and fears.

I thank you for this opportunity and for your faith.

Very best,

Chris Weitz
    I think what is key here is in the Summit release they state that they worked with Stephenie Meyer on this decision and Chris Weitz confirms this in his personal letter. So, I'm satisfied as a fan.

For the last decade of my career as a director, I have chosen to make adaptations of complex and involved works of literature.
    Well, according to imdb, he made the American Pie movies.
    However, I'm going to try not to be negative so I'll say no more.

And nice call on the Depeche Mode song, CN. I haven't heard any of their newer stuff. This would be perfect for the scene.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Wow, ClosetNerd, that is a great scene/song choice! I'll have to find somewhere to actually hear the song, but the lyrics are perfect.

ETA: Ok, I found it on youtube... absolutely perfect!
    Last edited by SR5Rfan; 12-13-2008 at 09:20 PM.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3250822;
    Well, according to imdb, he made the American Pie movies.
    However, I'm going to try not to be negative so I'll say no more.
    Me too We can't know at this point how he'll do. I mean, look at Peter Jackson. Would anyone have thought he could make a movie like Heavenly Creatures based on his previous work? Sometimes a director just needs the opportunity to work with certain material. I hope he does it well because, if he doesn't, I fear we won't see Eclipse and Breaking Dawn make it to the screen. Really though, I can't imagine how you could condense BD down to one movie.

Eddie Spears looks just like I pictured Jacob in my head. Now if we could just make the casting decisions ourselves!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Chris Weitz also directed (and was one of the writers of) About a Boy. I loved that movie. He also directed and wrote the screenplay for The Golden Compass. I haven't seen that one. However, since these were both fairly successful adaptations from novels, I have hope that he'll do a good job. I think it is worth noting that his experience goes beyond the American Pie movies.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread