+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Twilight: New Moon

I'm conflicted about (Taylor) Jacob. I think he works very well as the younger best friend, the sweet kid who would do anything for Bella. And I think he would work for a majority of New Moon, because they just hang out and talk, she watches him working on the bikes in his garage, they are playful, I think Taylor and Kristen would have that type of chemistry. Where he does not work is a kid turning into a huge, intimidating werewolf. And when Jacob gets physically aggressive with Bella, I can't see sweet Taylor doing that at all.........!?! But, I'll go on record and say, I'd like to keep Taylor as Jacob.

I love thinking about the scoring. I'm not familiar with Concrete Blonde, I'll take a listen.

It's funny you mention scoring New Moon - I was thinking today about Breaking Dawn. Oh, don't know if I should say what I was going to because I don't want to spoil the book for anyone who hasn't read it. Darn...

But, on the subject of music in the movie - I've been trying to figure out one of the lines in "Full Moon", from the soundtrack of Twilight. According to what I found online it is "Our intentions always last that bit too long". How I hear it, though, is "My obsessions always last a bit too long" (which is VERY true in my case)
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

According to Wikipedia, Taylor "is of French, Dutch, German, and Native American (specifically Ottawa and Potawatomi) ancestry."

I don't think he looks particularly Native American, especially next to the other boys. I would have preferred someone who looked the part. And knowing he is wearing a wig...eh.

But who knows? He has a really strong martial arts background, and maybe it will come into play and we'll see why he was cast. Maybe when he has a larger role, he will really shine. I hope so (or that they recast with someone great). It is such an important role in the series.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I just sampled some of Concrete Blonde's music, very cool! I could see "The Beast" being used as Jacob is transforming into his werewolf state. I also really liked "Lullabye" and of course, the haunting "Bloodletting."

All this music is new to me as I tend to stick with modern country. But, I do have Jack's Mannequin, bought last year and was thrilled to hear that SM was directing their latest video.

The latest news on New Moon, looks like Chris Weitz will be directing.

SR5Rfan-I'm a bit consumed by this entire story, book, characters, author, storyline too, craziness I tell ya!

It's really too bad Adam Beach isn't younger. He'd be perfect for Jacob. Since he's now in his mid-30's he's WAY too old for the part. Pity, he's a cutie.

I think Taylor is adorable, I just don't think he's physically right for the part. Like I said above, he'd be better for Quil or Seth. Jacob not only has to be sweet, he has to be physically imposing, slightly dangerous looking and sexy as hell. If he's too much like a puppy dog, the romance part of the relationship with Bella just won't be believable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Eddie Spears is probably too old as well (at 26), and I've never seen him in anything. But going off pictures, he is more what I imagined. And he's 6'1".

There are more photos here: Photos of Eddie Spears
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

oneTVslave - that's more how I pictured Jacob, too. I don't know if he'd work for New Moon, but he would be able to be Jacob in Eclipse. By then, he "doesn't look 16" and with the right makeup and lighting, they could probably make it work with Eddie Spears.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Wow, he looks fabulous, oTs. I really hope they give some of these young unknowns a chance - there are so few roles for native actors, and being cast in this series would be such a great opportunity for them. Crit, I'm a big fan of Adam Beach (he is from my hometown ) and I'm trying to find a picture of him when he guest-starred in the Canadian series, North of 60 (to this day one of my favourite TV series ever). He would have been absolutely perfect for Jacob. *sigh*
    I would love to see Gordon Tootoosis as Old Quil - in fact, I don't know that I could picture anyone else in that role.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The contenders for the role of Jacob.........

In order, Michael Copone, 6'1" and 26, Steven Strait 6'2" and 22, Taylor Lautner, 5'9 and 16.

Apparently on M. Copone's Facebook page (I've not personally seen it) there are comments alluding to the fact that he is going to play the "older" Jacob.

After seeing these other actors and Eddie Spears above, I think Taylor has something to worry about.

The more I learn about Eddie Spears, the more in love I am.

I searched for some video of him on you tube, and found some from a movie he did several years ago, "Dreamkeeper". Oddly, there was a scene between him and his father (I think) - who was played by the actor playing Billy Black (Jacob's dad)! I've convinced myself it is meant to be!

There is also footage from his latest movie, "Black Cloud". I don't think he looks too old - and he could definitely give Edward a run for his money.

Since we are doing shirtless photos, I guess I had better include one of Eddie (to be fair).
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread