+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3248465;
    I don't see the little icon for editing my previous post, so sorry about adding another one ... I read a rumor (from a probably not very reliable source) that they might combine New Moon and Eclipse. Although that would be great because we'd get more Cullens in the movie, it would mean they'd have to cut a lot of the books. Not sure how I feel about that ..
    I like this idea. It makes sense to me. The actors, from what I've read signed on to do 3 movies. They can't drag this on for a few years as the characters cannot age. And this has always worried me, because Breaking Dawn ties everything up into a nice little bow and finishes the story, waiting to make a fourth movie, that may or may not take place would leave the story line incomplete.

So, combine New Moon and Eclipse and have the 3rd be Breaking Dawn. And I know by doing this so much richness of the books will be lost, but translating books into movies is often not ideal, so, as fans of the books, we'll have to approach the movies with the attitude of enjoying the characters, the scenery, the story put on the big screen but fully knowing much will be left out and or changed.

CCL

Personally I wouldn't like New Moon and Eclipse to be combined into one movie. Probably because I didn't really like Eclipse but I loved New Moon. In terms of timing I can see why they would want to do it. And also because much of New Moon involves Edward and Bella being apart which some of the die-hard "shippers" don't like.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

From what I have read New moon and Eclipse will be separate movies. But, rumor is they have given some thought as to whether they should film them at same time; I think the 2nd and 3rd Harry Potter movies were done that way.

As for Sam showing up on the beach - his appearance was written that way in Twilight. If I remember correctly, when the La Push kids showed up, Bella was curious about the fact that Sam was so much older yet the LaPush crowd seemed to recognize him as their leader. I was not surprised that he should appear in the first movie.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I just read on Perez that they are thinking of recasting Jacob in New Moon
    I hope they change their minds..
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3248881;
    I just read on Perez that they are thinking of recasting Jacob in New Moon
    I hope they change their minds..
    I hope they do re-cast Jacob. While that actor is cute, he is not Jacob. He could play Quil or Seth, but he's way too puny to play 6'5"+ Jacob. Plus, he doesn't have the magnetism to compete with Robert at all. Between Robert's Edward and this guy as Jacob, there's no dilemma: it's an easy choice (not that it wasn't for most of us before).
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Actually, Critical - I prefer Jacob to Edward! I'm not 100% on the actor playing Jake, and especially since I doubt he'll get the growth spurt he needs to continue in the part. But Jacob's personality is a lot more to my liking. Although, given the choice - I'd probably go for Emmett. And that choice would have to include the ability to lose about 30 years in age ... HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

The current Jacob is only 16, so h's still growing and changing facially.
    I think if he just muscles up a bit and cuts off all that hair he'll be just fine.
    Plus, are they really going to find an actual 6'5" native teen actor? Highly doubtful.
    Shooting tricks are used all the time to make actors and actresses seem taller (and sometimes shorter)
    or to hide an actresses pregnancy. I don't think it would be so hard to do.
    It's not like he was an unnaped blip in the background like Sam was, he was an up in our faces speaking lines supporting actor. To switch between movies would be abrupt and tacky. Like when they recast a TV show character between seasons..

Oh, and I'm with SR5RFan I kind of prefer Jacob to Edward. Although, in real life I would probably most dig Jasper.
    It's hard to say, all the men er... boys in the movie make me feel uncomfortably Mrs Robinson. Good thing the actors are all of age (aside from Jacob)

Anyway, if they want to recast anyone it should have been Nikki Reed as Rosalie *blech* I firmly believe she was ONLY cast because she is close friends with with director Catherine Hardwicke.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Count me in on Team Jacob. I adored him in the books. ClosetNerd, that actually isn't his hair - it's a wig. Taylor has short hair.

I am torn, because I don't see Taylor as being just right for Jacob (he is almost a little too good-looking in a pretty-boy way; I would have preferred a guy who looked a little more rugged/natural/wild), but I also don't like the idea of recasting. I guess I am hoping that he grows a little and that they can do some magic with the shooting to make him seem bigger.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I'm with you, Crit, I would be happy to see Jacob re-cast. I'm not over that wig. *shudder* And as I said in the Twilight movie thread, I would like to see a real native actor in the role.

I was thinking yesterday (I'm immersed in the books right now so I spend way too much time thinking of this stuff ) about songs for a New Moon movie. Since we're casting, anyone else have ideas for a musical score? I was thinking about Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out" for Bella & Alice's wild ride through Italy in the yellow Porsche, and Concrete Blonde's "Tomorrow, Wendy" for Bella's cliff jump. (Well, nearly anything off of Concrete Blonde's Bloodletting album would be appropriate.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3249393;
    ...and Concrete Blonde's "Tomorrow, Wendy" for Bella's cliff jump. (Well, nearly anything off of Concrete Blonde's Bloodletting album would be appropriate.)
    I love that album!!!

I am indifferent on the idea of a Jacob recasting. I didn't dislike him in Twilight, but I didn't see enough of him to get attached. However, I DO prefer the idea of having a Native American actor in that role.

+ Reply to Thread