+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3754108;
    Saw it earlier and LOVED IT!! There were no hokie greenhouse scenes or silly lines, which was great. I think Chris Weitz did a fantastic job!!!

I could rave about the entire movie and can't think of anything that I really didn't like (and believe me, if there were, I'd tell ya'-LOL!) Rosalie was finally more believable as the woman we'd all be jealous of and I loved all the contacts -- that was something that bugged me in the first one; the yellow eyes never really stood out. And Michael Sheen was brilliant as Aro; he was exactly how I'd pictured him to be (act). Kristen & Jacob rocked the Bella/Jacob relationship and I have to give it to the humans -- they stole the show in a few scenes.
    I could have written this myself. I LOVED this movie. I thought this was an excellent adaptation of a book to a movie and we all have Chris Weitz to thank. He did an AMAZING job, he has earned my respect and my support, love the guy!

I was highly entertained. Taylor was incredible, I truly felt his love, his devotion, his patience and his pain with Bella. Very well done!

Kristen was excellent, again I felt her pain and when she was attempting to have fun, the Mike and Jessica scenes were fantastic, Edwards memory and images haunted her again. My only complaint, she looked too pretty when she comes to Jakes with the bikes. Billy Burke, her dad, GREAT!

Rob played in love but highly conflicted and tortured Edward to a tee. I just wish we had more happy moments btw E/B.

The wolves were fantastic, the Italy scenes excellent, Aro was wickedly evil. The ending was a bit rushed.

All in all, I loved it and will pay to see it again!

I'm not a fan of Kristen but I thought she did a much better job in this film. Plus, she looked more mature and healthier, even though she was broken. Once again, the make-up department did an amazing job.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

As I said upthread, Kristen Stewart rubbed me all sorts of wrong as Bella in Twilight. I take it all back - she did a GREAT job in New Moon!
    Wag more, bark less

Just saw it... OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. So happy. Ecstatic. Insanely happy. Kristen did soooooo much better. OMG I sound like a teenager but I loved it. Loved how it ended and then went black. So good.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

The box office numbers are insane! I am so proud and happy for Chris Weitz and the cast for this huge achievement. I truly don't understand the horrible, crappy reviews. This movie is such a good representation of the book. Some are saying even better as this was a very difficult book to get through.

This movie made around 26 million at the midnight showings, poised to make $70 million in one day!!! Wow!

'New Moon' eclipsing two box-office records -- latimes.com

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Chris Weitz did do a WONDERFUL job and i will admit i hated the first movie.. at least as far as it didnt follow the book as well as New Moon did and NM looked a trillion times better! Im sorry CH Chris had it ALL over you on this film. I for one loved the transition to night as Bella falls asleep in the forest.. that was well done.

Nikki Reed still has no place playing Rose, and it showed more in this movie, she was still awful! and that dead bleached out animal on her head.. yeah not going to go there

Im still not a KStew fan, and still this shes a bad actor. I wish they would dress her a bit better, when Alice dresses bella, she looks fem, not like a tom boy.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3754108;
    Saw it earlier and LOVED IT!! There were no hokie greenhouse scenes or silly lines, which was great. I think Chris Weitz did a fantastic job!!!

I could rave about the entire movie and can't think of anything that I really didn't like (and believe me, if there were, I'd tell ya'-LOL!) Rosalie was finally more believable as the woman we'd all be jealous of and I loved all the contacts -- that was something that bugged me in the first one; the yellow eyes never really stood out. And Michael Sheen was brilliant as Aro; he was exactly how I'd pictured him to be (act). Kristen & Jacob rocked the Bella/Jacob relationship and I have to give it to the humans -- they stole the show in a few scenes.

Spoiler --
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I absolutely loved how they showed the change of months while Bella was sitting in the chair and I loved how Weitz had her discussing the emails she was sending to Alice as a way of her voicing her feelings to the audience. When Edward leaves, I really felt for her despite knowing what was coming and I wanted to cheer when she told Jacob "it's always been him."

Actually, now that I think about it, I do have one complaint -- the spinning around of the camera started giving me vertigo in a couple of scenes. Like those movies at Disneyland where it's 360 degrees and you stand in the middle...I started getting dizzy, sitting in my seat! But that's it.
    I get really nauseous in handheld camera movies...e.g., Blair Witch... is this like that? I need to sit on the end of a row if so!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3754841;
    I get really nauseous in handheld camera movies...e.g., Blair Witch... is this like that? I need to sit on the end of a row if so!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Not really....the camera pans around, but it's steady and fairly slow. She's just sitting in a chair, looking out the windows and it kind of spans them a few times.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My local review has Jacob acting rings around Edward and Bella. Planning to see this when the kids are back in school and things calm down a bit. Not a fan of crowded theaters.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3754848;
    My local review has Jacob acting rings around Edward and Bella. Planning to see this when the kids are back in school and things calm down a bit. Not a fan of crowded theaters.
    good choice.. my daughter HAD to go last night, i did the 420 show.. and each time jacob took his shirt off.. the whole place would scream. sigh im too old for this lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread