+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3752872;
    It's weird how opinions differ. I recently re-watched Twilight and thought Kristen was perfect.
    I think she's great, too, both in look and how she portrays Bella. I always considered Bella to be a very atypical heroine - withdrawn, sulky, introverted, and not a conventional beauty. I think that for many younger female fans, who may be in the throes of tween/teen emotional angst, she is easy to relate to.

A friend of mine is taking his teenage niece to the premiere tonight. He's a brave soul. He really liked the first movie so I'm waiting to hear what he thinks of this one. I'm guessing the niece will be swooning over it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Getting ready to head out to the movie here in a few. Should be interesting...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I would love to hear what posters and fans thought of New Moon. I'm leaving in a few hours, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3753971;
    I would love to hear what posters and fans thought of New Moon. I'm leaving in a few hours, can't wait!
    I enjoyed it.
    I thought the director did a really good job and the sparkly skin looked a million times more believable in this movie.
    The make-up wasn't so ghastly. They followed the storyline better than in the first one. In the first movie, everyone looked gray and bleh...except maybe Alice. This time, they all looked more healthy. Kristen had a glow about her that we just didnt' see last time but Edward mentions in Midnight Sun.
    So, KUDOS to the make-up peeps! The wolves were really cool. I thought that part was well done.

Things I really didn't like.....
    Damn cliffhanger.
    Not a fan of Rosalie's wig. It looked like someone took an albino squirrel and popped it on her head. Also, Alice was sporting a soccer mom hairstyle for most of her scenes. Jaspers hair was horrible, too. Him and Alice are supposed to have an edgy look. His hair looked like something you'd see on a Grandma having tea at the country club. Eewww.
    The eyes were so startling on Alice and Esme. Esmes were really weird. And Jane's were more prominent than the other Volturi. Very strange.

All in all, I loved it, but some of the above mentioned things were really distracting.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.

Saw it last night! I'm totally team Jacob(always have been!) and Taylor Lautner totally came into his own as Jacob Black! In my opinion, he was absolutely amazing (and no, not talking about the abs, although those are tres, tres delicious!)!

I overall found something lacking in the movie, but I still enjoyed it tons It was def true to the book for the most part.

And yes! The make-up dept was much better! When I fist saw Carlisle, I was like, "Thank goodness he doesn't like so pale he's green in this one!".

Also I found K-stew's acting improved in this one, while I felt R-Patz did something different with Edward, I can't put my finger on it though!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3753971;
    Saw it earlier and LOVED IT!! There were no hokie greenhouse scenes or silly lines, which was great. I think Chris Weitz did a fantastic job!!!

I could rave about the entire movie and can't think of anything that I really didn't like (and believe me, if there were, I'd tell ya'-LOL!) Rosalie was finally more believable as the woman we'd all be jealous of and I loved all the contacts -- that was something that bugged me in the first one; the yellow eyes never really stood out. And Michael Sheen was brilliant as Aro; he was exactly how I'd pictured him to be (act). Kristen & Jacob rocked the Bella/Jacob relationship and I have to give it to the humans -- they stole the show in a few scenes.

Spoiler --
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I absolutely loved how they showed the change of months while Bella was sitting in the chair and I loved how Weitz had her discussing the emails she was sending to Alice as a way of her voicing her feelings to the audience. When Edward leaves, I really felt for her despite knowing what was coming and I wanted to cheer when she told Jacob "it's always been him."

Actually, now that I think about it, I do have one complaint -- the spinning around of the camera started giving me vertigo in a couple of scenes. Like those movies at Disneyland where it's 360 degrees and you stand in the middle...I started getting dizzy, sitting in my seat! But that's it.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

One part I need to discuss, that I didn't!

Click to see Spoiler:
    At the end of the movie, when she told Jacob "don't make me choose, cause it'll be him", I wanted to smack her! I mean, I know she chooses Edward, duh, but the way she delivered the line was really mean. She was breaking the guy's heart and I feel like it should've been said a little softer! When Jacob started crying in wolf form, I wanted to cry so bad! It sucks when your favorite character in the series is the one who gets the short-end of the stick! It was so sad! He can do better than her anyways!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3754127;
    One part I need to discuss, that I didn't!

Click to see Spoiler:
    At the end of the movie, when she told Jacob "don't make me choose, cause it'll be him", I wanted to smack her! I mean, I know she chooses Edward, duh, but the way she delivered the line was really mean. She was breaking the guy's heart and I feel like it should've been said a little softer! When Jacob started crying in wolf form, I wanted to cry so bad! It sucks when your favorite character in the series is the one who gets the short-end of the stick! It was so sad! He can do better than her anyways!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sorry, but that was one of my favorite lines -- just like it is in Eclipse after the tent scene! But that's obviously because I'm Team Edward all the way and actually can't stand Jacob in Eclipse so I thought he got his just desserts. LOL!! But they needed a good reason for Jake to run away for a couple of months...and that set it up nicely, I think.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I agree that Taylor Lautner was fantastic. I can't imagine anyone else filling that role.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3754174;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sorry, but that was one of my favorite lines -- just like it is in Eclipse after the tent scene! But that's obviously because I'm Team Edward all the way and actually can't stand Jacob in Eclipse so I thought he got his just desserts. LOL!! But they needed a good reason for Jake to run away for a couple of months...and that set it up nicely, I think.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Yeah! See, I actually really dislike Bella, not Edward! I have no problem with Edward, though I prefer Jacob to him! I think each of them could do better than her!

+ Reply to Thread