+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

I hadn't actually looked at my calendar to see that the movie opens right before Thanksgiving week. I'm going to have to look at the school calendar now to plot a half-day so I can catch it before the kids get out of school for the Thanksgiving weekend...

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Stephenie Meyer will be on Oprah, Nov. 13th to support New Moon. She is so excited with what Chris Weitz has done with the movie, she wanted to support it and support it big.

News from Stephenie's site.

StephenieMeyer.com | The Official Website of Stephenie Meyer

Ugh, these New Moon commercials are making me want to see the movie even less. I can deal with all the alterations and such because it's to be expected, but I just can't handle the mediocre acting and dialogue. The acting in Twilight was just bad enough to make it mildly funny, but not intolerable or horrible. However, in New Moon it just seems way too corny and over the top. Although, it seems to be coming almost entirely from Kristen Stewart in both movies. I really wish they'd have replaced her with someone who can deliver the dialogue believably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionan;3746913;
    ...Although, it seems to be coming almost entirely from Kristen Stewart in both movies. I really wish they'd have replaced her with someone who can deliver the dialogue believably.
    I agree. KS has a good "look" for Bella, but I don't care for her as an actress. I just watched Adventureland recently and I had the same complaint, so I know it is her and not the film. IMO, her mannerisms when she is trying to be shy or cute or awkward seem very affected and it just rubs me the wrong way.

Wow. I knew people were going to go crazy for this movie, but it's almost out of control! 9 out of the 10 midnight showings on Friday at one of the theatres near me are already sold out, and at the next closest one, 2 out of the 3 showings are sold out too. I don't remember this happening even with any of the Harry Potter movies, The Dark Knight last year, or Transformers 2.

Now I'm scared to go!(well, if I do go.)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3747053;
    I agree. KS has a good "look" for Bella, but I don't care for her as an actress. I just watched Adventureland recently and I had the same complaint, so I know it is her and not the film. IMO, her mannerisms when she is trying to be shy or cute or awkward seem very affected and it just rubs me the wrong way.
    Watch The Messengers. She portrays that character and Bella EXACTLY the same. She has no depth. Kristen is not an ugly girl, but I always pictured Bella as being extremely beautiful. More like Emmy Rossum or that girl who plays Elena on Vampire Diaries.

That said....I want to see it strictly for the eye candy...Edward, Emmett, Carlisle, Jasper, Jacob...even Charlie (I have a small crush). I'll tolerate Bella for them...

We got our tickets for the midnight showing. There are eight of us going. Seven women and one guy. My friends son is taking the day off work so he can stay out late with us...lol. Why he wants to hang with a bunch of crazy women is beyond me, but for some reason, he does. Probably so he can video tape us screaming right along with the teeny boppers and then youtubing it or something....
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I completely agree about Kristen. I thought maybe I just didn't like her as Bella because Bella to me was different, but Adventureland just confirmed it. She seems to think that acting involves moving her hair, biting her lip or snorting and looking to the side. Taylor Swift was on SNL two Saturdays ago and they did a Digital Short called "Firelight" that was a total parody of Twilight and she was HYSTERICAL with the hair and the lip.
    Wag more, bark less

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

The reviews are starting to come in. They are mixed. I think this one from Variety is my favorite as it appears balanced and fair. I have ignored the reviews that bemoan the middle of the movie, Bella's depression and how it goes on too long. Um, hello, did you read the book? Chris Weitz appears to have made a respectable adaptation.

Kristen is getting almost universal kudos for her acting in New Moon. Critics are impressed. (I'm still just so so on her, jury is out til I see this movie. )

The Twilight Saga: New Moon Movie Review - Read Variety's Analysis Of The Film The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Stewart is the heart and soul of the film, and not only because her Bella is surrounded by characters who literally have neither one nor the other. She gives both weight and depth to dialogue ("You're just warm. You're like your own sun") that would sound like typical chick-lit blather in the mouth of a less engaging actress, and she makes Bella's psychological wounds seem like the real deal.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3752223;
    I completely agree about Kristen. I thought maybe I just didn't like her as Bella because Bella to me was different, but Adventureland just confirmed it. She seems to think that acting involves moving her hair, biting her lip or snorting and looking to the side. Taylor Swift was on SNL two Saturdays ago and they did a Digital Short called "Firelight" that was a total parody of Twilight and she was HYSTERICAL with the hair and the lip.
    It's weird how opinions differ. I recently re-watched Twilight and thought Kristen was perfect.
    I thought Robert was even worse than I remembered. And Jasper again was awful. I remember not liking Alice first time around but she didn't bother me so much this time.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular

I cant wait to see new moon. It looks like it is going to be soo good. I found some great pics from the premiere here: MSG.com - See news, photos, quotes and topics related to Twilight New Moon Premiere - Daylife and some nice interviews too The Monitor - Twilight: New Moon Mania! Photos, Video & More

+ Reply to Thread