+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Premium Member

Re: Twilight: New Moon

As per Peter Facinelli and Ashley Greene's Twitter, Eclipse has finished filming on October 23.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

"Edward" is on the cover of our Sunday paper magazine (not Parade, the other common one, whose name escapes me), complete with "golden" eyes. They look very good in this shot, and no red rimmed eyelids.

I'm actually looking forward to this moving. Not because I am in love with the Twilight series, but because my younger cousin does. I'm taking her to see it when it comes out. I rewatched Twilight last night though, and found that it wasn't really that bad!

They have been showing some new previews on Smallville (The CW) and during MTV's The Ruins. Actually looks good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Okay, I admit it, I've bought my tickets for New Moon's Opening Day. but My husband and I are going to see it Friday morning while the kids are in school--I'm hoping the crowd will be all adults but am not holding my breath...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3741756;
    Okay, I admit it, I've bought my tickets for New Moon's Opening Day. but My husband and I are going to see it Friday morning while the kids are in school--I'm hoping the crowd will be all adults but am not holding my breath...
    Me too, the 10 am show on Friday morning. I hope the screaming teenies are in school, please. I'm going with a group of 5 moms, all of whom read the books after we saw Twilight last year and we are hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3736136;
    I rewatched Twilight last night though, and found that it wasn't really that bad!
    That's how I got hooked. I watched it with my niece and thought...eh..it's not too bad, but it's not great, either. Then I rewatched it with her (she was here for the whole week when it came out on DVD) a couple of times and the more I watched, the more it grew on me. I ran out and bought the books....been hooked ever since.. It didn't really grab me the first time. I guess I just missed a lot of little details or something.

I'm planning on going with a bunch of my friends on opening day.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

On another board, I started a thread asking for opening weekend predictions. By all accounts, this movie is going to be huge. The official New Moon trailers online already have 25 million hits, compared to Twilight's 5 million hits.
    Twilight made roughly $70 million on it's opening weekend, shattering everyone's expectations. Since then the fan base has grown exponentially, the books have been best sellers this entire year all over the world. Also, the budget was nearly tripled and the wolves and Volturi add some exciting action. So, what do you think?

I think New Moon will easily take in $85 million opening weekend. And I'm starting to think that is way to conservative.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3741859;
    Me too, the 10 am show on Friday morning. I hope the screaming teenies are in school, please. I'm going with a group of 5 moms, all of whom read the books after we saw Twilight last year and we are hooked!
    That's the showing we're going to as well -- for that exact reason-- since the schools in my county are out for the entire T'giving week.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3742068;
    On another board, I started a thread asking for opening weekend predictions. By all accounts, this movie is going to be huge. The official New Moon trailers online already have 25 million hits, compared to Twilight's 5 million hits.
    Twilight made roughly $70 million on it's opening weekend, shattering everyone's expectations. Since then the fan base has grown exponentially, the books have been best sellers this entire year all over the world. Also, the budget was nearly tripled and the wolves and Volturi add some exciting action. So, what do you think?

I think New Moon will easily take in $85 million opening weekend. And I'm starting to think that is way to conservative.
    I think it's going to be pretty huge! I'm not good at estimating numbers, esp. since it's only opening on a Friday as opposed to a Wed. night, but I bet they'll be big.

Re: the bold-- I hadn't even been a fan of the books/movie until I finally bought the book set last Feb. Then I went out and caught the movie and became obsessed. Thankfully, that complete obsession lasted only a few months and now I've come back to real life. But I AM excited to see the rest of the movies!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3742068;

This time last year I was working a seasonal job at Barnes and Noble. Before beginning there I had never heard of Twilight or Stephanie Meyer, but when every other customer who came through my line had one or more of the books I grew curious and fell in love myself.

When I say that every other customer had a book, I mean book not merchandice or magazines. Probably a good 80% of the people who came through my line last year had some form of Twilight in their bags when they left the store!

I'd never thought about getting my New Moon tickets for when the kids are all in school but that is a great idea and I am definately doing that!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread