+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

FORT Fan

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3246876;
    Sam was in Twilight?!? Whoops, I missed him. I'll look up Solomon Trimble.

I don't know who Zeljko Ivanek is, but I love his name. On the Twilight thread, I mentioned Gene Hackman in the role of Aro, but again, I don't know if New Moon will have the budget for actors of his caliber.

Running off to IMDB.
    I missed it too. I have no memory of Sam being a part of the movie. I do remember Jacob's dad Billy........

Quote Originally Posted by shellygoose;3247514;
    I missed it too. I have no memory of Sam being a part of the movie. I do remember Jacob's dad Billy........
    In the scene at the beach where Jacob had the two friends with him I just assumed they were supposed to be Quil and Embry.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3246870;
    I'm not sure about Aro, I have this image in my head physically that I can't yet put a name to.
    Something like a John Malcovich type? But NOT John Malcovich. hmmmm... *thinks*
    What about Zeljko Ivanek? He was the actor who played the man who took the team hostage in the "Last Resort" Episode of House M.D a few weeks ago.

I'm exited to see who will end up being Emily.(I think that was her name?) Sam's fiance.
    I immediately thought of Zeljko Ivanek for the part of Aro also and was happy to see that someone else thought of him as well. Maybe because we have already seen him as a vampire (True Blood - part of the magister) and he did look very much the part. When I saw him on TB I thought he would make a good Aro for Twilight.

I am glad to know that someone else will be directing New Moon; while I very much enjoyed the movie, I think it is always good to see different direction from one sequel to the next. I may not always like the direction, but I do enjoy the various perspectives in the deliverance of the story.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Wow Mike'sGirl that is a way out there coincidence! I didn't realize Zeljko Ivanek played Magister on True Blood, but now that you say it I can picture it! Maybe that is why the seed was in my head? Although he physically fits very close to what I was imagining back when I read the book, long before that episode of True blood
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3247554;
    In the scene at the beach where Jacob had the two friends with him I just assumed they were supposed to be Quil and Embry.
    So did I, although if you go strictly by the book's narrative, Quil & Embry don't meet Bella until New Moon. I guess they made Trimble's brief appearance into the character of "Sam" once they figured there would definitely be a second film? I looked at the imdb cast list for Twilight and the second actor from the beach scene isn't even credited. I guess they're looking to cast the whole "pack" (except for Sam & Jacob) with new actors.

I looked up this Ivanek fellow and he looks vaguely familiar to me, possibly from his TV appearances. I've grown attached to the idea of Alan Rickman but this guy looks good for the role of Aro too (in a different way, though).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Alan Rickman has such a distinctive voice. I just love it.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Well, we should all send in our votes for Alan Rickman - although I doubt he'd want to do such a minor role. I mean, the character is very important to the storyline but he wouldn't be in the movie all that much. Kinda like Cam Gigandet in Twilight.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I'm still trying to think of an actress for Emily, Sam's girl. I don't have a clue.

I'm reading that Summit is going to film New Moon and Eclipse back to back and that Chris Weitz has been offered the director job. He directed "About a Boy" and "The Golden Compass." Lastly, Summit wants New Moon out by year end 2009 or early 2010. This timing did not sit well with C. Hardwicke as she did not want to rush the film and potentially sacrifice quality. She also did not like the screenplay adaption of New Moon. K. Stewart and R. Pattinson are not pleased by the change in director's.

Take it for what's its worth, I'm just reading some different blogs.

SR5Rfan - I like the idea of Alan Rickman. The role is small, but pivotal in New Moon. If Breaking Dawn gets made, Aro shows up again, for another small, but tense, pivotal scene too.
    Last edited by talldede; 12-09-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Yeah - you'd think such an important character as Aro would have a larger part in the books (and therefore the movies).

I hope they aren't rushing the movie too much. I'd hate to have them do a not-so-great movie just to get it out while Twilight is still hot. I'd rather wait longer for a better movie. But I want it NOW.

I don't see the little icon for editing my previous post, so sorry about adding another one ... I read a rumor (from a probably not very reliable source) that they might combine New Moon and Eclipse. Although that would be great because we'd get more Cullens in the movie, it would mean they'd have to cut a lot of the books. Not sure how I feel about that ..

+ Reply to Thread