+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Unless with each new director they also hire entirely new costume/prop people and prosthetics people
    I think a lot of the contact drama can be explained away easily by lighting and photo retouching.
    I wear colored contacts and they photograph very differently than they film.
    Also, when I take photographs of my natural eyes, people always comment that they look different than they do in person
    with or without any photo manipulation. With it, there can be a huge difference.

I assume that this is simply a case of Photo editor trying to make the eyes in that picture "pop"
    and create some sort of overall color harmony.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I don't think it is the work of the photography. They have also made the Volturi's eyes EXTREMELY red. I think they are definately going for a dramatic effect on this film that they thought lacked in Twilight. This is taken right out of the movie.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

FORT Regular

I think Jane's eyes are too red.....
    but it's still nice.....maybe she just finished hunting....hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3696616;
    I don't think it is the work of the photography. They have also made the Volturi's eyes EXTREMELY red. I think they are definately going for a dramatic effect on this film that they thought lacked in Twilight. This is taken right out of the movie.
    Blech. That is way too red for my liking. It just looks cheesy. *le sigh*

Also, I was hoping the rest of the Cullen/Hale tribe would be more beautiful this time around.
    As in the book they were constantly being described as stunning/unnaturally beautiful etc..
    But from what I've seen that is not the case again. Poor Alice looks homely even by human standards.
    The actress is far more pretty than the character.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Search N to tha M Full Length in HD with No Fan Girl Screaming on YouTube for a leaked trailer. Not sure how long it will be there before it's removed. From the short bit we see of her, I think Dakota Fanning nailed Jane!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3699050;
    Search N to tha M Full Length in HD with No Fan Girl Screaming on YouTube for a leaked trailer. Not sure how long it will be there before it's removed. From the short bit we see of her, I think Dakota Fanning nailed Jane!
    I just watched the trailer then came here to do the 'fan girl' scream! LOVE IT! And you are right, Dakota was creepy and perfect. I think she just might be the best child actor of our time. I'll be shocked if that doesn't carry over into her adult life. She is extremely talented.

This movie looks so good. I just wish they'd cast someone else to play Bella. She's a one note Sally...her expressions, her voice....

I agree with ClosetNerd. What did they do to Alice? In the first film, she was cute and quirky and now she has soccer mom hair. The Cullens are supposed to look like super models. It's just not portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3699162;

This movie looks so good. I just wish they'd cast someone else to play Bella. She's a one note Sally...her expressions, her voice....
    I only read part of the first book and two things stood out to me when I heard who was cast in the two lead roles.
    Neither of them made sense to me.
    Stewart didn't seem right for Bella and after so much was made in the book about how beautiful Edward was, it was illogical to me that Pattinson was cast instead of Tyler Hoechlin who apparently also tred out for the role.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular

NO/.....both of them are perfect for the roles.....
    pattinson really looks like a vampire

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

The trailer is hands down INCREDIBLE! I love, love, love the image of Bella underwater and as Jacob is pulling her body to safety, her hand brushes away the image of Edward, haunting and beautiful! Wow!!!

Well done Chris Weitz!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3690780;
    Let's talk continuity. My fears are being realized with the hiring of different directors for each of these Twilight Saga movies. With different director's, come different visions. But why oh why did Chris Weitz have to change Edward's eye color this drastically. To me, he looks completely different.

Edward's Twilight eye color

Edward's New Moon eye color

Talldede-- that eye shot you posted of "Twilight Edward" was some MAJOR CGI done post-production. Catherine Hardwicke talks about making them more yellow in the commentary part of the movie. "New Moon Edward's" eyes are contacts made specifically for each actor to work with their original eye color so the yellow (or red) stands out. [Per Chris Weitz]

I have a feeling that the remaining 2 movies will also use these contacts as well. For me, I'm glad--I think they stand out more when looking at Edward from far away, where they only showed up in closeups in Twilight.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread