+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3591170;
    I too would have liked to have seen a different actress play Bella. Kristen Stewart is to worldly and has a hard, street wise edge to her that is not Bella at all. I would have perferred to see a more fragile looking actress. KS also seems too old for the part.
    I agree, from what I am getting from the books (SM's characterization), the actress is just not right for some reason.

ITA...although I do think KStew looks the part, her personality is too tough and edgy for Bella.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3591268;
    ITA...although I do think KStew looks the part, her personality is too tough and edgy for Bella.
    Yeah, KS is too world weary. Bella is much more naive, with no street smarts. They needed a Winona Ryder during her early days type.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I had and still have issues with her portraying Bella. She is too one dimensional. She played the part as if she had never read the book... which I swear I thought she said in an interview that she hadn't originally. But not positive on that. The trailer scenes for New Moon annoy the crap outta me when she says "Kiss me" to Edward... Horrible. Her eyebrow lifts and she does this Elvis lip thing and I want to scream. But I am still hooked and will see the movie when it comes out at a midnight showing. I am a glutton for punishment.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3594732;
    Yeah, KS is too world weary. Bella is much more naive, with no street smarts. They needed a Winona Ryder during her early days type.
    Winona is way too pretty to be Bella, though. Bella wasn't supposed to be a great beauty. Remember how delicate and lovely Ryder was in Bram Stoker's Dracula wearing those gorgeous period costumes? (Loved Gary Oldman as Dracula...it wasn't a great movie, but he was good enough to make me watch it several times over the years.)

I read Bella differently from a lot of people, I think...I believe Stewart does a great job of portraying the introverted, difficult loner that I visualized Bella as. I didn't see Bella as fragile at all - she was written as independent and capable and mature beyond her years.

A little OTT but I am very curious to see how Kristen Stewart fares in the new movie about The Runaways - I understand she's to play Joan Jett's part. I was a fan of the band back in the day (still have "Black Leather" on my mp3 player, too).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Personally, I didn't visualize her as fragile either, but I did think she was pretty. Edward kept telling her she didn't have any idea how attractive she was to the guys at the school (we'll include Jake here too).

I hate that part of the trailer too! She comes across as, for lack of a better word, bitchy or snotty. WTF? In the book, she and Edward had just spent a perfect summer together so what's with the attitude...when she asks him to KISS HER...huh?

ah well, I'll be in line to see the movie no doubt!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3602117;

I read Bella differently from a lot of people, I think...I believe Stewart does a great job of portraying the introverted, difficult loner that I visualized Bella as. I didn't see Bella as fragile at all - she was written as independent and capable and mature beyond her years.
    I agree with you.

Regarding the whole beauty issue, I recall Bella as being pretty/attractive but not beautiful in the books. Sort of fitting in with the whole literary cliche where the "plain girl" heroine manages to hook the most attractive male around.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

The Volturi, fantastically evil, love it!

Dakota Fanning looks a lot better in the role than I thought she would! They are all definately looking the part!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

whoaa...they look fantastic! As much as I love Dakota, I admit I was having some trouble picturing her as Jane. No longer! Good job!

+ Reply to Thread