+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3558076;
    The rumours about RP and KS have been around since the first film was filmed. She has (had?) a serious boyfriend but RP was apparently really into her yada yada yada. The rumours still swirl but then that's what rumours do. And now they have RP hooking up with Emilie De Ravin so who knows. I did see some picture of RP filming the new movie and they mentioned the makeup team painting on his abs.
    How funny is that - painted on abs! I hope the guy's head isn't so big that he does not feel the need to fit into a role anymore. One thing about Taylor - he wanted the part enough to work at changing his body, and he looks great because of it!

I hope they keep Taylor in the role of Jacob in the sequels, because he fits my image of Jacob (actually he is better then my first image) and would love to see that carried further.

As for Rob & Kristen, there does seem to be some steaminess there when you see them in photo's, but they are young and will probably grow through several relationships in upcoming years.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

So I took yalls advice and I am about 100 pages into the first book. So far, I am not overly impressed but I have not dismissed it entirely. There are some funny parts (and I do love vamps) but I guess I just want more explanation as to why Edward is so attracted to Bella (outside him not being able to hear her thoughts). She seems (from the characterization from SM I am getting) plain in every way, with the exception of being a bit more mature than the average teenager. And here is Mr. Ed, who, I would think, would not be interested in someone who is like...centuries younger? Even if he is stuck at 17, ya know?

Of course, I found the first book in the Southern Vampire Series a bit slow too...and it took off from there (and boy am I glad I stuck around). But, to compare a bit more, it seems that the relationships between sookie and all her paranormal friends is a bit more believable, in that she is a mind-reader/part faerie (fairy) and older. Oh, I dont know, perhaps I am reaching a bit much.

And, I have seen the movie, which removes some of the suspense as I am reading. Which, btw, reminds me: they seemed to get the castings PERFECT for all the characters...except Bella. The girl I am reading about is average, yes, but more kind and less 'hard' than the way KStew portrays her.

Am I crazy here? I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on these things....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3560551;
    So I took yalls advice and I am about 100 pages into the first book. So far, I am not overly impressed but I have not dismissed it entirely. There are some funny parts (and I do love vamps) but I guess I just want more explanation as to why Edward is so attracted to Bella (outside him not being able to hear her thoughts). She seems (from the characterization from SM I am getting) plain in every way, with the exception of being a bit more mature than the average teenager. And here is Mr. Ed, who, I would think, would not be interested in someone who is like...centuries younger? Even if he is stuck at 17, ya know?

Of course, I found the first book in the Southern Vampire Series a bit slow too...and it took off from there (and boy am I glad I stuck around). But, to compare a bit more, it seems that the relationships between sookie and all her paranormal friends is a bit more believable, in that she is a mind-reader/part faerie (fairy) and older. Oh, I dont know, perhaps I am reaching a bit much.

And, I have seen the movie, which removes some of the suspense as I am reading. Which, btw, reminds me: they seemed to get the castings PERFECT for all the characters...except Bella. The girl I am reading about is average, yes, but more kind and less 'hard' than the way KStew portrays her.

Am I crazy here? I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on these things....!!!
    I meant 200 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3560551;

While I enjoyed the first book in the series, it was not my favorite; and it is a little slower in the beginning. One reason Edward is so attracted to Bella is her smell, well, the smell of her blood is irresistible to him. For him to rise above the desire to drink her dry (similar to taste of Sookie's blood to vampires) is enormous, and as much as Edward wants to not feed on humans, if you read Midnight Sun (which is Twilight written from Edward's perspective) he endures a serious battle of will & struggles trying to get control of himself and NOT kill her.

After he gets to know her, he is enchanted with who she is, and you realize that fictional soul mate attraction.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Apparently her blood is especially delicious smelling, much more so than random blood. FYI, the books are also discussed on the books thread (in fact there are 2 book threads on the series, one pro, one con), although it is hard to keep the threads separate!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3561617;
    I meant 200 pages!
    read midnight sun.. that is from Edwards POV... whole new story then.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Kristen is the only actor who will have a career once these films are done.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMcGee;3582040;
    Are you saying that all of the other people in it who already "have careers" will stop having them?
    Or that you just hadn't heard of them before so you don't think they'll "get" a career after this.

Because most of these people have been working quite lucratively both pre and post Twilight. With a few exceptions, most are far better at their jobs than Kristen Stewart too.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Where The Wind Comes Sweeping Down The Plains

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMcGee;3582040;
    I agree. I still can't stand her though.
    To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. -Bono

I too would have liked to have seen a different actress play Bella. Kristen Stewart is to worldly and has a hard, street wise edge to her that is not Bella at all. I would have perferred to see a more fragile looking actress. KS also seems too old for the part.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread