+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Loved the trailer... There is some confusion with how they spliced together the scenes. The scene with Laurent and Bella if you notice her clothes they are different then the scene she is screaming for Jacob to run. It looks as if that scene is when he fights with Paul. I was confused when I first saw the trailer too, thinking they changed a big part of the book... but she has different clothes in both of those scenes so I think we just need to wait and see. From some info I read on another site in regards to the movie, that scene she is running towards Jacob screaming is the fight with Paul, not the scene with Laurent. Go back and look at the trailer and you will see she has different clothes on in each scene. I am not looking forward to Kristen Stewart's stiff acting again but as long as I can look at Rob P. then all is forgiven.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3477528;
    Loved the trailer... There is some confusion with how they spliced together the scenes. The scene with Laurent and Bella if you notice her clothes they are different then the scene she is screaming for Jacob to run. It looks as if that scene is when he fights with Paul.
    Thx for pointing that out, I did not notice that her clothes were different. Maybe they didn't stray as far as I had thought....or maybe they just strayed in different parts of the story.

Phew! Glad to see that it was just a splice job. And it looks like they cut 3 different scenes together for that one part. Gray jacket to Black jacket to Brown jacket.

Saw the trailer loved Jacob turning into a wolf. I truly hope the producers do not change the plot too much as this is a very Bella/Jacob driven chapter of the story. I have heard that maybe the story will be changed to show Edward a lot more than in the book. But that truly defeats the plot/story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, Robert Pattison has to have a big part in New Moon as he's such a fan favourite. Maybe there will be a lot of sequences that show his activities in the background, while the Bella/Jacob relationship develops.

I finally watched the trailer and I'm glad to see that they spent some money improving the FX. My daughter insisted on watching Jacob's wolf transformation 3 times, even though she's firmly on Team Edward.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3480872;
    Saw the trailer loved Jacob turning into a wolf. I truly hope the producers do not change the plot too much as this is a very Bella/Jacob driven chapter of the story. I have heard that maybe the story will be changed to show Edward a lot more than in the book. But that truly defeats the plot/story.
    I have read a few places that they are working Edward in more by using RPattz for Bella's voice.. rather then just hearing it in her head they will be showing him.. not that I think this or any of his movies need less of him in them ... but I am not sure I want them forcing him in where he shouldnt be.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3480872;
    I also hope they don't incorporate him too much where he doesn't belong! I figured they would put more emphasis (and more screen time) on the climax of the story since it is a very interesting and tense part of the story. However, if they don't clearly portray the break between Bella and Edward then I don't think the relationship she develops with Jacob (and the later conflict she feels) will be as clear to viewers who have not read the books.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

In order for the movie to be authentic, they need to have some separation from Edward/Bella and transition to Jacob/Bella. I think they will do this. It's integral to the whole story line, it makes the reunion in Italy that much more powerful while still setting up the love, friendship triangle for Eclipse.

When I recall reading New Moon, the first few times Bella 'hears' Edward, I wasn't sure if it was truly Edward talking, through some new 'mental telepathy gift' he had or if it was Bella's mind. So, having Edward appear as her voice and thought process is a huge part of the storyline and why she goes "extreme" Bella. Showing Edward onscreen during these times will work, imo.

Premium Member

The Jacob/wolf transformation gave me chills. I didn't remember Jacob being that hot. I'm really looking forward to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3481644;
    In order for the movie to be authentic, they need to have some separation from Edward/Bella and transition to Jacob/Bella. I think they will do this. It's integral to the whole story line, it makes the reunion in Italy that much more powerful while still setting up the love, friendship triangle for Eclipse.

When I recall reading New Moon, the first few times Bella 'hears' Edward, I wasn't sure if it was truly Edward talking, through some new 'mental telepathy gift' he had or if it was Bella's mind. So, having Edward appear as her voice and thought process is a huge part of the storyline and why she goes "extreme" Bella. Showing Edward onscreen during these times will work, imo.
    I was thinking that they would do it in sort of a 'ghost' effect, something to show that he was 'there' but not really. One thing is for sure, the make up and the special effects are obviously way better in this one. Kudos to the larger budget!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread