+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Summit Begins Search for NEW MOON Director - MarketWatch

You're right, Hardwicke won't direct New Moon, but according to this article, it is for timing reasons.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Wow. That is serious business! I can't wait to see how all this unfolds
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Even though I'm not a big fan and haven't read the last two books, whenever I pictured Aro it was the guy who played the main vampire in Underworld. The old guy that was revived when things got tough. But that might be because I have little imagination and he was a great pale bloodsucker.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I just reread New Moon over the weekend, and for some reason, Alan Rickman popped into my mind for Aro. I'm just bummed that the Cullen Family won't be in this one very much. I'd love to see more of Jasper, Emmett and Alice!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Ooh burntbrat I could see that!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3247135;
    I just reread New Moon over the weekend, and for some reason, Alan Rickman popped into my mind for Aro. I'm just bummed that the Cullen Family won't be in this one very much. I'd love to see more of Jasper, Emmett and Alice!
    Alan Rickman plays evil so well! Great choice SR5Rfan. burntbrat, I have no clue who you are talking about. I'll IMDB Underworld and see if I find him.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3246937;
    Gene Hackman has retired from acting, talldede. Given his resume, I doubt he would be tempted back for New Moon. I happen to agree with you, though, about Catherine Hardwicke - I think she did the best job she could with what she was given (poor FX and some makeup disasters). The ballet studio scene was very well done - the image of the vampires cavorting by the fire was visually captivating.

I wonder if they're going to throw the whole idea of the werewolves being physically large in their human form. I looked at Solomon Trimble's imdb as well and he's listed as 5'11".
    I think they're going to stick with young unknowns, and I have to say I prefer it that way. I don't know if it's a reflection on the talent of current big names or if it's just information overload from TV & the internet, but every time I watch a movie with a big star - Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, John Travolta, etc. - I'm hyper-aware that it's them I'm watching, not the character they're portraying. I don't want a tabloid face messing with my image of the Twilight characters, who I've quickly grown attached to.
    5'11" is actually on the tall side for an actor---look at Tom Cruise and many other leading men who had to stand on boxes to kiss their leading ladies. So it might not be hard to make him look taller than others. Depends on how tall the other already cast people really are I guess.

I suppose you're right...I'm so used to enormously tall people (my husband is 6'6" and the rest of his family are pretty big as well) that 5'11" sounds impossibly short.

I know I said that I didn't want any big-name actors, but I do love the idea of Alan Rickman as Aro. For some reason I don't always recognize him right away in movies...I swear I was halfway through the first Harry Potter movie before I realized he was Snape.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3247350;
    I know I said that I didn't want any big-name actors, but I do love the idea of Alan Rickman as Aro. For some reason I don't always recognize him right away in movies...I swear I was halfway through the first Harry Potter movie before I realized he was Snape.
    Since I am most familiar with him as Snape, it is usually in movies where he has lighter hair that take me a second to recognize him in (i.e., Die Hard). I could definitely see him playing Aro. I think the other reason I don't always recognize him immediately is that he is a great actor. With him I typically see the character rather than the actor portraying the character!!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Wow. I had no idea Catherine Hardwicke was so influential in the early decision making process of Twilight. She was responsible for casting Kristen and Robert. I also did not know she was a fan of the books themselves, even considering herself a fangirl.

This is a good article in the LA Times. And, I don't know why I care so much, but I am fascinated by the characters and this movie series. LOL!

'Twilight': What does Catherine Hardwicke's exit bode for 'New Moon'? | Entertainment News & Buzz | Los Angeles Times
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-08-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: edited link as requested by talldede

+ Reply to Thread