+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Ya know.. I have.. and i didnt think of it lol. I guess she has to make due on the set with out her other smokes.

Its nice to see however that Taylor and Ashley Greene were not smoking.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3383958;
    I just saw some stills from the movie.. and im shocked to see nearly EVERYONE in this film is a smoker. I knew Rob was but i was shocked to see the Kstew was being so young. I admit i do smoke, but im trying to quit and do not do so around my family even.. and seeing 90% of the cast smoke is just wow for me!
    I too was saddened but not surprised to see nearly the entire cast smoking. Smoking is an appetite suppressant, hence why most actors, whose image and weight control are paramount, smoke. It's sickening really because its so devastatingly unhealthy.

Yay for Taylor and Ashley Greene for not smoking.

I found this image floating around the web. Now, here is my take. Do people have a right to smoke? Yes. Do I think actors should be role models for kids? No. We say in our house, love the people, hate the habit. And it is a nasty and disgusting habit that is stupid and life threatening.

Last edited by talldede; 03-24-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Sheesh, and here I thought smoking was out of vogue these days...

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Thats why you dont see many actors photographed while doing so. goes out of her way NOT be.. same with Salma Hayek. They are however not Teens.. I guess that was my shock in seeing the pics.. so many young people who think it is cool or a great diet aid. I know my days of it are coming to an end.. 2 weeks.. sigh.. I know it is the best thing for me but some small part of me will miss it.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3395177;
    I know it is the best thing for me but some small part of me will miss it.
    I promise you that one day, after you've quit for a while, you won't miss it in any sort of meaningful way. For me, there is still a touch of nostalgia about the good ole days of smoking, but now I am so physically repulsed by cigarettes, I can't believe people still smoke (much less that I smoked for as long as I did). You'll gain so much more from quitting than what you will be losing.

/end lecture
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Just finished reading the book and it was draining to say the least. But still great. I searched on-line and caught a trailer for New Moon... I think it was fan made but had a lot of scenes that matched many scenes in the book... it was fantastic. Looks really good.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Pics from the set in Vancouver. First thought, Rob is really skinny. Second, it looks like his makeup blends in a bit better. Kristen looks pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3395602;
    I promise you that one day, after you've quit for a while, you won't miss it in any sort of meaningful way. For me, there is still a touch of nostalgia about the good ole days of smoking, but now I am so physically repulsed by cigarettes, I can't believe people still smoke (much less that I smoked for as long as I did). You'll gain so much more from quitting than what you will be losing.

/end lecture
    I can tell you that everything here is true so be strong!!!

Sometimes I miss the chats my friends and I had outside over a pack and a few drinks but that is it--and I am disgusted by cigs now.. it really is crazy how that happens!

I bet many actors do use it as a form of dieting-it certainly worked for me...

I'm tickled that they cast unknown native actors. Here's hoping some more new faces join the cast and not someone who I see on TMZ every other night of the week.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread