+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3320211;
    Twilight is on the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly. The covery story is about Catherine Hardwicke's director's notebook for Twilight (the book is on sale in early March). In the article she says that Summit offered New Moon to her plus a big salary but they wanted a quick turnaround and the budget wasn't as big as she wanted; she chose to decline their offer. The article noted that the budget that Chris Weitz ended up getting was closer to what Hardwicke had wanted. Perhaps it was sort of a constructive dismissal from Summit- they knew she wouldn't agree to their terms and that was their way of getting rid of her yet making it seem to the public like it was her choice to leave.
    Makes sense to me CCL. Other than the timing of the announcement (when they were on the European press junket) the situation has been handled pretty well by all parties, imo.

Love your avi CCL.

CCL

^ Thanks. It's my Twilight nod to Valentine's Day.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3320211;
    Twilight is on the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly. The covery story is about Catherine Hardwicke's director's notebook for Twilight (the book is on sale in early March). In the article she says that Summit offered New Moon to her plus a big salary but they wanted a quick turnaround and the budget wasn't as big as she wanted; she chose to decline their offer. The article noted that the budget that Chris Weitz ended up getting was closer to what Hardwicke had wanted. Perhaps it was sort of a constructive dismissal from Summit- they knew she wouldn't agree to their terms and that was their way of getting rid of her yet making it seem to the public like it was her choice to leave.
    Ahhh, I think you hit the nail on the head! Anyway, she was right to want more for the budget - it was amazing she accomplished what she did with the first one. I don't recall what her budget was, but I remember at the time being astounded that it was so small. They were really not sure how the fans would react, and now that they know... they should be willing to fork over more for special effects.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

According to EW, CWeitz will not be directing Eclipse due to the accelerated filming schedule. What do you think this will do to continuity; three different directors.....good or bad?

'Twilight' exclusive: Chris Weitz will not direct third film, 'Eclipse' | Showbiz News and Scoop | Studio and Network Dish | EW.com

CCL

I don't think it'll necessarily be a problem. The Harry Potter series has had a number of directors and hasn't suffered for it (though some people prefer one director's vision over another's ).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I wonder if they are considering bringing Catherine back on board? With all the hype and release of her new book, perhaps they are considering? I thought her heart was really in the first film, she was passionate about it and with a bigger budget she would be my natural choice for Eclipse.......
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3338749;
    I wonder if they are considering bringing Catherine back on board? With all the hype and release of her new book, perhaps they are considering? I thought her heart was really in the first film, she was passionate about it and with a bigger budget she would be my natural choice for Eclipse.......
    Oh gawd, I hope not!!

As much as I loved the books for what they were.. I was not that happy with the movie. I love RPattz, Billy and Peter.. but the movie didn't live up to the book. I felt that both Billy and Peter were under used and they script was lacking as well.. but we are stuck for 3 films there.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3338579;
    According to EW, CWeitz will not be directing Eclipse due to the accelerated filming schedule. What do you think this will do to continuity; three different directors.....good or bad?
    I am much less concerned about the directors and much more concerned about the speedy schedule and low budget. I would hate to see shoddy work due to a rushed project and hokey looking werewolves due to low budget. The "Underworld" movies did a great job with their werewolf special effects, so I'm afraid my bar is set too high for the effects in the next movies of this series...

FORT Newbie

I heard a rumor somwhere that they were talking to the special effects people who did the Benjamin Button movie. The special effects in that one were amazing!

About Solomon Trimble; he will not be Sam in New Moon.

My agent heard from Summit Entertainment today that I will not be reprising the role of Sam in "New Moon." While I will cherish the experience of being involved in the first film, I am looking forward to many new opportunities in the future and would like to thank everyone for their support.

+ Reply to Thread