+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

FORT Newbie

Re: Twilight: New Moon

I just now discovered Henry Cavill and while I like Rob as Edward a lot, he's lucky Henry aged out to play the role because he is truly beautiful--fantastic features. So I too would love to see Henry in the movie as well. I was thinking of Q'orianka Kilcher as Emily and Keisha Castle-Hughes as Leah. My wish list also includes Johnny Depp as Demetri and Oded Fehr as Felix.

CNs Vampire times friend! beemicemm's Avatar

I haven't read or seen any of these yet, but the way my friend *ClosetNerd* goes on and on about them I think I am going to have to check them out. As soon as I am done reading my Harry Potter books. I want to see Twilight before I read them so I can picture the characters how they are acted. Instead of imagining them one way and then being shocked at the casting.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kc in mo;3291236;
    I just now discovered Henry Cavill and while I like Rob as Edward a lot, he's lucky Henry aged out to play the role because he is truly beautiful--fantastic features. So I too would love to see Henry in the movie as well. I was thinking of Q'orianka Kilcher as Emily and Keisha Castle-Hughes as Leah. My wish list also includes Johnny Depp as Demetri and Oded Fehr as Felix.
    I went to IMDB to check out Henry, great looking guy. I did not know that is who S. Meyer's had personally chosen to play Edward. I like your choices for Emily and Leah, those names have been mentioned before.

beemicemm - I saw the movie Twilight before I read the book. I too liked having the characters in my mind's eye as I was reading. The book adds so much more detail, you'll enjoy it even more.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3297698;
    I went to IMDB to check out Henry, great looking guy. I did not know that is who S. Meyer's had personally chosen to play Edward. I like your choices for Emily and Leah, those names have been mentioned before.

beemicemm - I saw the movie Twilight before I read the book. I too liked having the characters in my mind's eye as I was reading. The book adds so much more detail, you'll enjoy it even more.
    I read all the books before I saw the movie. For me, I had envisioned Edward looking like a younger, Jonathon Rhys-Meyers (but that was before I saw Henry Cavill or Rob Pattinson) and Jacob looking like Eddie Spears. I still wish Eddie was playing the "mature" Jacob. Rumor has it that Leah's character won't be in New Moon, but will be in the following movies. Not sure what to believe. As for Emily, the rumor mill also states America Young is being considered for the role, but she pales in comparison to Q'Orianka Kilcher so I hope that's not true.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

A Casting Call went out for NM.. and the part of Aro was not on it.. However, Jane was. Sam was also... I found this odd (in a way) because he was already in Twilight. Now granted, they never said his name, but if you read the book you know it was him.

Sadly the only parts I really want to see recast are Bella (sorry I HATED KStew as Bella she was so boring and indifferent) and Rose. Nikki Reed too dark to play her.. but i chalk this up to CH being the director.. as shes had Nikki in all her movies.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 02-01-2009 at 01:45 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3298964;
    Sadly the only parts I really want to see recast are Bella (sorry I HATED KStew as Bella she was so boring and indifferent) and Rose. Nikki Reed too dark to play her.. but i chalk this up to CH being the director.. as shes had Nikki in all her movies.
    I had both of those same complaints! I saw the cast and some clips of the movie before reading the books. I kept thinking that Kristin Stewart lacks the ability to make Bella anything but broody and sulky. Because of that I had a difficult time understanding why anyone in the books could possibly like her! And I fully believe Nikki Reed was ONLY Cast because of CH. Because she was alllll wrong as Rosalie. I mean really? They could find No-one better suited??
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I am so glad someone agrees with me!!! lol. Million thinks

Where as i can't help thinking Fastlane with Peter (I did love him as Van however.. so thats not a problem to me) with Nikki i just see Sadie frmo The OC.. and shes NOT that great of an actress.. and shes pretty but not the stop traffic beauty that Rose is in the books. They (CH) could have easily made her Jessica or something.. but she is all wrong as Rose.

Maybe with NM there will be better acting direction and dialog.. since they have a bigger budget with this one.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3299014;
    Where as i can't help thinking Fastlane with Peter (I did love him as Van however.. so thats not a problem to me) with Nikki i just see Sadie frmo The OC.. and shes NOT that great of an actress.. and shes pretty but not the stop traffic beauty that Rose is in the books. They (CH) could have easily made her Jessica or something.. but she is all wrong as Rose.
    I agree, Nikki Reed is wrong for the part of Rosalie. When I saw Twilight it felt like she wasn't beautiful enough to be so bitchy (if that makes sense). I'm sure there are plenty of young actresses who would fit the part, but too bad they don't have a connection to Catherine Hardwicke.

agree.. and no you DO make sense. Shes not that beautiful to be that bitchy. I am glad they asked CH to not be a part of NM and EC. Now in NM maybe we can see characters and relationships the way we did in the book. Nikki is also BFFs or so0me crap with Kstew, ironic that they are the 2 parts i really feel need recasting.. the Jake issues aside.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

According to Variety, New Moon will be shooting in Volterra, Italy in May. This is great news! I appreciate that they are following the setting in the book for this pivotal scene.

Eagle takes 'New Moon' in Italy - Entertainment News, International News, Media - Variety

+ Reply to Thread