+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3286645;
    I thought Jane was older? I like Dakota Fanning though...I'm sure she'd do a good job.
    I actually pictured Jane as very young. I would have thought Dakota would be much taller than I pictured Jane. However, I am slightly biased because she annoys me a little bit even though she is a very good actress. If she does take the role I wonder who they would get to play Alec since they are supposed to be so similar?

I'm okay with it, but again, Dakota Fanning is very well-known...why take such a tiny part?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3286784;
    I'm okay with it, but again, Dakota Fanning is very well-known...why take such a tiny part?
    Maybe she is a fan of the books and would like to be involved? I have really liked the idea of less than blockbuster actors being in these movies.
    I also hope they don't try to make up a larger role for Jane "just because" if Dakota takes the part.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3286645;
    I thought Jane was older? I like Dakota Fanning though...I'm sure she'd do a good job.
    I was thinking the same thing, about Jane being older. They seem to really go for making all the vampires young, I thought James would be a bit older as well, but he wasn't. Cam Gigandet did a good job, but I'd just pictured him differently. As I'm sure Dakota Fanning will do a good job.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

As much as i can see Dakota as Jane.. i can't help thinking I always saw Jane as Suri Cruise lol. or is that Suri as Jane?
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3286784;
    Perhaps it was something she could easily fit in amongst the other work she is doing?

I was surprised at first, but I can see her in the role - I think if she does it, she would be great!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

CCL

Maybe she really likes the books and wanted to take part? Maybe they are offering her a lot of money for very little work? Could be a lot of reasons.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Newbie

Although I'm still disliking the fake-Indian thing, I remain skeptical about his ability to really pull off the werewolf-with-attitude, and portray the bitterness and anger that Jacob experiences throughout much of the series.

The movies will have to be made close together so that the actors don't age too quickly (which was very well-done by the makers of the Harry Potter series, but of course those actors were supposed to age over a period of years while the Twilight saga is set in a very short time frame). I don't know if he'll have the chance to mature enough to be believable.
    I know I'm late joining in as the focus is now on Dakota's casting , but I agree wholeheartedly with the above post, even though, unfortunately, it's a dead issue as Taylor's staying. I've seen his new body, but with the babyface still so prevalent, he just looks like a short, Incredible Hulk Junior to me. With the quickness of filming, his voice won't even have a chance to change let alone his height. I think Twilight missed a great opportunity for "progress" by not casting a better suited, true Native actor as Jacob. It sends a very ugly message to that community, but nonetheless, one Summit is willing to make. I still can't believe Taylor, aka "Sharkboy", was the best actor they could find after their so-called nation wide search. Better yet, I still can't figure out how Eddie Spears, Nakota LaRance, or Tokala Clifford aren't in the movie if their search was so extensive. As for Dakota, I like her, though I think Jodelle Ferland would make a creepier Jane. I actually thought of Jane and Alec as being more like 9-12 years old, not quite teens yet. Has anyone suggested who should play Alec?
    Last edited by kc in mo; 01-27-2009 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc in mo;3290295;
    As for Dakota, I like her, though I think Jodelle Ferland would make a creepier Jane. I actually thought of Jane and Alec as being more like 9-12 years old, not quite teens yet. Has anyone suggested who should play Alec?
    Jodelle Ferland would be a great choice as well!
    I like her quite a lot.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Thinking again about who i'd like to see cast in this installment of the saga.. I would LOVE to see Jason Isaacs as Aro.. and Willem Dafoe and Gary Oldman as Caius/Marcus.. but then again we get int to budget and BIG name actors.

Sadly both Jason and Gary were in Harry Potter Films.. and this has already been compared to HP enough not to mention Rpattz.. however, I picked Jason for his voice (well and his look) and hes got a wonderful sweet/evil voice (Anyone who watched Avatar would know). John Malkovich would also be a wonderful choice for any of the 3. He can be anything or anyone in any movie lol I love him. Bill Nighy plays a good Vampire too Even Richard Armitage would fin in this trio well! (MORE Eye Candy for the slightly less tween crowd)

As Leah.. only one that came to mind for me was Q'orianka Kilcher.

Alec was harder for me.. but Ethan Cutkosky (The Unborn) would be a good start.. but then again he was in that with Cam (James). Or even Drew Mikuska (Scary Movie 3/4). He would play well with Dakota and i think they are the same age.

I am still sorta out on Dakota as Jane.. I think she can pull it off.. and I can see it but Jodelle Ferland is a better choice more i think it over.

Lastly (for now) I would love to have Spegs get her wish and have Henry Cavill cast in one of the movies.. man is just toooooo fine to forget about!

I like the idea of casting Unknowns for a lot of the parts.. but I have to say that Aro, Marcus and Caius need to pack a bit more of a Punch.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 01-27-2009 at 06:39 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread