+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Very good point, talldede. Although I'm still disliking the fake-Indian thing, I do agree that Taylor suits the friend-with-a-crush role. I remain skeptical about his ability to really pull off the werewolf-with-attitude, and portray the bitterness and anger that Jacob experiences throughout much of the series.

The movies will have to be made close together so that the actors don't age too quickly (which was very well-done by the makers of the Harry Potter series, but of course those actors were supposed to age over a period of years while the Twilight saga is set in a very short time frame). I don't know if he'll have the chance to mature enough to be believable.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3284095;
    Jacob is Bella's personal sunshine. He alone brings Bella out of her deep depression in New Moon. He is her best friend, bordering on more. I can see Taylor Lautner handling this part of the story with ease.

I think his look and transformation are much more critical in Eclipse. Jacob and Edward share screen time in this movie, both vying for Bella's love and attention. This will be much trickier for Taylor to accomplish.
    I agree... and the bulking up that hes done thus far (and yes they said htere would be some makeup art involved) will do fine for New Moon. I still have issues, maybe because fine hasnt ever been good enough for me lol.. but yes in the next 2 movies/books.. hes going to become something I do not think Taylor will be to pull off. And yes, to me its sad.. he does want this part and I hate to see an actor ousted for any reason that is not their fault.. but as I said earlier, I would like to see her vision translated to the screen as perfectly as it can be. By the time you see him in book 4 (at least how i read him to be) hes more of a booming character.. big in body and voice.. again i question if you can pull tha toff with makeup, cameras, and a huge work out.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3284458;

The movies will have to be made close together so that the actors don't age too quickly (which was very well-done by the makers of the Harry Potter series, but of course those actors were supposed to age over a period of years while the Twilight saga is set in a very short time frame). I don't know if he'll have the chance to mature enough to be believable.
    Harry Potter was done at the rate of pertty much one a year.. which was perfect since the books coverd one year per book. It was nice to watch them 'grow up" however the loss of Richard Harris was hard for me, I wished he would have been able to finsh out the series.. :/

In this series, yeah Edward and the rest of his 'family' don't age, but Bella does.. and they take place over a year and a half roughly this is a bit harder to deal with in filming. That being said, all they have to do is film quiclky (they are doing the next 2 back to back this year so i heard) and they can edit as needed. I just hope that in the rush to flim like this that the book isn't lost in the adaptation in either case.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 01-20-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

Speaking of the movie (sort of), Haagen-Dazs released special flavours in conjunction with the opening of Twilight in the Phillipines:

Dazzled at First Sight - Caramel Apple Crumble & Coffee

A Kiss in the Meadow - Belgian Chocolate with Summer Berries

Clair de Lune -Chocolate Chocolate Chip with Mango & Passion Fruit

How awesome is that?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Those flavors sound just terrible!! but I would probably still buy them if I saw them anyway
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3285021;
    Those flavors sound just terrible!! but I would probably still buy them if I saw them anyway
    I thought the "A Kiss in the Meadow - Belgian Chocolate with Summer Berries" one sounded promising!!!

I dunno.. I like the Apple Crumb and Coffee one lol

I think I could deal more with the Ice Cream for 5 bucks rather than the Calender for 94! lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3284747;
    Speaking of the movie (sort of), Haagen-Dazs released special flavours in conjunction with the opening of Twilight in the Phillipines:

Dazzled at First Sight - Caramel Apple Crumble & Coffee

How awesome is that?
    This flavor sounds divine! Yummy! Fun, thanks for posting these. Oh, just saw your post FireWoman, we are on the same wavelength. LOL!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Can you see Dakota Fanning as Jane? I think it would be an excellent choice. It's all over the net, but again, it could be rumor, like the Vanessa Hudgens one....who knows.

Dakota Fanning Offered Role of Jane in New Moon | /Film

I was just getting ready to post that lol..

And yes, I agree I think she is a great choice!

CCL

I thought Jane was older? I like Dakota Fanning though...I'm sure she'd do a good job.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread