+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Agreed
    I think she's cute and sweet and whatever... but too high profile and well, isn't one non native native enough.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3276401;
    So today the VH handlers are saying they don't know where the rumors came from about her auditioning for Leah/ Is this true? or are they backpeddaling after all the fervid backlash online yesterday?
    She doesn't look old enough to play the part anyway, so I am guessing it was just a rumor. Leah is an ex girlfriend of Sam who is older then Jacob, although I can't remember how much older.

I like Taylor and appreciate the muscles and ma glad he is staying, but he still has a baby look to me, maybe with some makeup they can age him.... ?
    Anyway, I'll just forget and forgive his youthfulness and pretend that is the way Jacob looks. Emotionally, I thought he was a good fit.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

All this talk about Jake.. and I still ahve issues with Bella and how she was cast. I honestly feel, as much as i LOVE Peter and he was the reason I found out about this movie... the ONLY person really cast well was Edward. Rob Pattinson is/was a wonderful choice. Alice (Ashley Greene) wasn't cast all that badly either but when ever I hear Carlisle talk, I can't stop thinking.. Van Ray!! Kinda like Nikki Reed, a bit too OC for me.

All the talk about Jacob and such.. the bulking up does work to a point, but the fact remains, Taylor is 5 foot 10.. and in the books Jake ends up i think, if i recall, 6 foot 7ish?? They are not going to be able to make that difference up with crafty camera angles. Not to mention that they want to do New Moon and Eclipse (filming) back to back. Hes not going to be anywhere near what the books have Jake described as... Rememebr how many times Bella said, Wow, you gerw so much agian?!

I honestly hope they do better with this book than they did with the first.. they left too much out, and lost a lof of the emotional feel that the book held. I hated having to wait for the last 10 mins of the movie to get that back. New Moon is a VERY emotional book for Bella, Jake and in his own way Edward.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3282898;
    All this talk about Jake.. and I still ahve issues with Bella and how she was cast. I honestly feel, as much as i LOVE Peter and he was the reason I found out about this movie... the ONLY person really cast well was Edward. Rob Pattinson is/was a wonderful choice. Alice (Ashley Greene) wasn't cast all that badly either but when ever I hear Carlisle talk, I can't stop thinking.. Van Ray!! Kinda like Nikki Reed, a bit too OC for me.
    I actually really liked Kristen Stewart in the role. I never really had a mental picture of Bella but now I see her as Kristen.

All the talk about Jacob and such.. the bulking up does work to a point, but the fact remains, Taylor is 5 foot 10.. and in the books Jake ends up i think, if i recall, 6 foot 7ish?? They are not going to be able to make that difference up with crafty camera angles.
    I guess they are going to use the same techniques they use when they have giants or cyclops (or other gargantuan folk) in movies. I think it can be done (but, honestly, I never really paid that much attention to Jacob's height in the book. I knew he got bigger but I had no idea he was that tall. If they kept him and the other werewolves as is, height-wise (meaning kept them at their real-life heights), it wouldn't bother me [though I know a lot of others feel differently]).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3282914;
    I guess they are going to use the same techniques they use when they have giants or cyclops (or other gargantuan folk) in movies. I think it can be done (but, honestly, I never really paid that much attention to Jacob's height in the book. I knew he got bigger but I had no idea he was that tall. If they kept him and the other werewolves as is, height-wise (meaning kept them at their real-life heights), it wouldn't bother me [though I know a lot of others
    feel differently]).
    I just think of the Harry Potter where they tried that with Hagrid.. and you could tell thats what they were doing.. the first 2 he looked like he fit in.. just much taller.. then in the 3rd I have no idea what happend.. it was a mess!

I would like to see Spegs' books get the adapted vision they should.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

CCL

Right but, realistically, how many native actors (or native-looking actors) out there that are 6'7"? They might find one 6'1" or 2" but that's still half a foot too short.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Frankly, it wouldn't bother me if non-Native actors were used as long as they look the part.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3283167;
    Right but, realistically, how many native actors (or native-looking actors) out there that are 6'7"? They might find one 6'1" or 2" but that's still half a foot too short.
    that notwithstanding, someone who looks 15 and is 5 10 doesn't put that vision across. To me, that was a big point with Jake. Bella is all worried that shes going to be too old for Edward at 18 or 19.. and is already 2 years older than Jake.. but as he goes thru the changes.. he starts to look older than he is... Taylor just LOOKS too young.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Jacob is Bella's personal sunshine. He alone brings Bella out of her deep depression in New Moon. He is her best friend, bordering on more. I can see Taylor Lautner handling this part of the story with ease.

I think his look and transformation are much more critical in Eclipse. Jacob and Edward share screen time in this movie, both vying for Bella's love and attention. This will be much trickier for Taylor to accomplish.
    Last edited by talldede; 01-20-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Talldede that is an excellent point
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread