+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek - May 8 2009

Re: Star Trek - May 8 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3442229;
    It certainly was the best Mother's day present I have gotten yet. Husband was asking me if we could see it again tonight.
    I wish we could! A repeat show isn't in the budget unfortunately
    luckly the corporate HQ of carmike is here in the town i live in..you can go anywhere in town and get movie passes for $6.00 each
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I got to attend a special showing of this on the 7th. Very good movie. I was happy with all the characters, happy with the mood of the movie. It was lighthearted and fun throughout, even during the tense parts. That doesn't come across in the trailers very well, I don't think. Anyway, there were some issues I had with the plot, but overall, I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey

Wow! I am SO PLEASED with this movie! As a lifelong trekkie (oh, and *that* is what we have been called for decades.... ) I was slightly worried that this new movie would mock or insult the Star Trek franchise. I had nothing to fear...... it pays homage to all the old characters brilliantly. You certainly don't need to be a Star Trek fan or know any of the history to enjoy this movie. The writing was well done, and the acting was just excellent. I loved all the new actors..... they retained the mannerisms of the original characters (kudos!), and I can totally see them taking over the helm of the newer, fresher Enterprise. I will definitely go again and will buy the DVD when it's released.

My only sad thought is that I wished Majel Barrett would have lived long enough to see it....
    Last edited by mountaingirl70; 05-10-2009 at 09:14 PM.

I saw the movie today and have to say it ranks right up there with all the rest. The story line was great and the writer's had to be channeling Gene Roddenbury. The actors were spot on for the most part. I have only two nitpicks. Dr. McCoy wasn't as southern gentlemanly as Deforest Kelly and Zoe Saldana not my idea of Uhura as a younger woman. But as I said, those are nitpicks and I thing everyone did a great job. It was fun to watch for and see all the little quirks I'm used to. When Zachary Quinto raised his eyebrow a la Leonard Nimoy I couldn't help myself. I said, out loud: "Oh, cool! He can do that!"

No one has anything to worry about. They kept the integrity intact in my opinion.

Did anyone see SNL this past weekend. Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine came on Weekend update to talk about the movie and Leonard Nemoy made a cameo too. It was very funny. LN made a comment that exactly summed up how I feel about the movie haters. But I can't repeat it here!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Loved the movie - will go see it again in a week or two in order to get the big screen experience one more time. (Matinee tickets only $5 here).
    I agree that the actors managed to keep the flavor of the original cast very well.
    It's worth going to see, even if only for the special effects - the bad guys' ship in particular is incredible. I never thought a spaceship could look so evil.
    Star Trek 2009 is worth the ride.

I am going to see it again on Friday!
    teehee. I emailed a guy friend of ours that is single and asked if he needed a "date" to go see the movie.
    Husband is jealous. Not of the guy, but that I get to see it again
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

My boyfriend and I were possibly going to see it again on his day off. This is one of the first movies I have wanted to see again in a long time, lol!!

All i am gonna say is that 'STAR TREK RULES" it is the must see movie of 2009...Great action and you don't have to be a "trekkie' to love it..in fact this movie opens the door for a whole new generation of star trek fans..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

hubby and I saw this last night and we both really enjoyed it, especially Bones. It was funny and quirky... all that and action too. The green girl was a bit of a surprise but we always knew Jim was a womanizer LOL.
    What was Uhura's first name??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast