+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bolt

Bolt

Wow, loved the first 2 thirds of the movie. The opening sequence was really well done, the textures on the 3D was amazing and the writers and directors really took advantage of the angles, the shots were great, the chase scene was interesting without being too fast and boring, it was really exciting and I like the fact that the dog's person was a girl. The first part of the movie sets up what happens in the next part with Bolt lost and trying to find Penny. Character designs of the pigeons, Mittens and Rhino are priceless. Rhino by the way is the hamster and he is just wonderful. I would love to have a guy like that protecting my "six". Sadly, while the first 2/3's of the movie deserves an A, the last third does not. It loses steam, motivation and seems lame and falls flat. There is a little dig at where writers get their ideas, which makes me think it is a real dig against the writers strike we had earlier in the yr that totally screwed up several TV shows and their plotlines and totally screwed the fans. But what do scriptwriters care. When a movie starts out so well you have to ask yourself, what happened? Why did they send this out this way, in a way really cheating the audience out of $11 and a great experience and we wonder why the American economy is in the dumpster? We are expected to pay big bucks for poor quality. Made in America used to stand for something.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Bolt

Thanks Bearcata, I'll pick it up at the video store when it is released. I do want to see this but I don't want to spend so much money if it isn't amazing.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I loved this movie. It was way better than I expected from Disney in a long time.
    I thought it was hilarious in many parts, and I had no problem with the last third.
    I think it's good enough to get a nomination for best animated picture at the oscars, though it won't win with Kung Fu Panda and Wall-e in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionan;3240259;
    I loved this movie. It was way better than I expected from Disney in a long time.
    I thought it was hilarious in many parts, and I had no problem with the last third.
    I think it's good enough to get a nomination for best animated picture at the oscars, though it won't win with Kung Fu Panda and Wall-e in the way.
    To me Kung Fu Panda had it all, story, technique, great character design and great voices. Wall-e while visualy scrumpcious, the theme of the movie was hammered into the audience ad naseum. I would say that Bolt had superior visual effects, superior character design and actually was better than KFP for the first 2/3's. The story, at least for me did not hold up as well as KFP's.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread