+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nicolas Cage dumps manager

Nicolas Cage dumps manager

I read the article HERE

Here is a small part of it.........
    .....While Cage was virtually unstoppable in the mid-to-late 1990s, appearing in blockbusters like "The Rock," "Con Air" and "Face/Off" -- as well as critically acclaimed smaller films like "Leaving Las Vegas," for which he won an Oscar -- his choices in recent years have not produced similar results. His 1999 Martin Scorsese picture "Bringing Out the Dead" croaked, taking only $16 million domestically; last year's "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" twanged an off-tune $19 million; and this year's costly MGM blockbuster "Windtalkers" underperformed as well, taking only $40 million.....
    I realize that I'm ignorant about the ways of the entertainment world (Thankfully ignorant in most cases), BUT.... Why is it his manager's fault that he chose to be in movies that didn't do well? I guess I could understand if he was a nobody taking any and everything that his manager brought to the table in order to break into the business, but once he's established can't he look at a script and make the decision himself??

Just curious
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think the biggest problem he had was that his manager wasn't going after the blockbuster roles for him and promoting his image enough to get him offers in the better pictures.

I thought Gone in Sixty Seconds was a great movie but the rest of his latest movies were pretty much flops.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Ahhh, I see. I guess I wonder why he wasn't being offered bigger roles after some of his bigger hits. I wonder if he was, but his manager was turning them down?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I don't really like Nic Cage.
    I don't think he's a very believable actor.
    Far greater actors have been given far lesser roles, but then I guess we can't all be related to Coppola
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    Have to blame somebody, and it couldn't possibly be Cage's fault.

+ Reply to Thread