+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HSM3: Senior Year

HSM3: Senior Year

As seniors in high school ,Troy and Gabriella struggle with the idea of being separated from one another as college approaches. Along with the rest of the Wildcats, they stage a spring musical to address their experiences, hopes and fears about their future.

Come on you moms.. have you been to see it yet? I braved the theatre this afternoon with M. She was so excited! We caught a matinee so it was only $11.20 for both of us.
    There doesn't seem to be much of a plot - just tying up loose ends really and deciding what everyone was going to do after high school. It's cute and sweet, the costumes are great and my 8 yr old enjoyed it very much.
    I know we'll end up buying it when it comes out so I know I haven't seen the last of it.
    The movie is getting put through the grinder by critics, obviously none of them is a tween girl because I was in a theatre full of squeelers and if that is any indication this movie is a hit.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: HSM3: Senior Year

Sounds like we went to the same theater. We saw it on Friday and there were tons of squealing tweens, including mine. It was okay. It was sweet and good for the little ones to see. Of course, my daughter is hoping for a HSM4: College.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My aunt and I brought my little cousin to see it on Friday afternoon and I didn't like it at all. I'll admit that I LOVED the first two! I'm a huge Disney fan, and I thought they were both really fun, carefree summer movies that did put me in a good mood. The worst part of the movie was the music - I did think the music was really catchy in the first two, but I left the theater only remembering two of the songs from this one. Plus the storyline was ridiculous - with those voices, none of them would have ever gotten into Juilliard It was cute but the weakest of the three - the kids in the theater definitely loved it though! I cracked up when Troy and Gabriella kissed and all you heard was "Oh no, eeeeewwwwww!"

I have a 4 yo who asks me to go see this every time she sees a commercial for it!

My nephew actually covered his eyes when Troy and Gabriela kissed.

I didn't quite like this one as well, either. It was all kind of meandering, and I didn't like the RocketMan character.. he was annoying more than endearing. Jordan and I enjoyed the Chad/Troy song "Superhero" and loved seeing the two as 9 year olds. Cute.

The thing that I actually did really enjoy is the obvious chemistry between Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens. Every once in awhile I can't help but question their relationship... two young actors sticking together through this exciting two years in their lives where they are having so many opportunities thrown at them? But you can tell that the chemistry that they show on screen is deeply embedded and real.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

"High School Musical 3" gets singalong version

Tue Nov 4, 3:29 pm ET Reuters Fans have barely had the time to learn the words, but Disney this Friday is launching a singalong version of its "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" hit movie.

After just two weeks at the top of U.S. box offices, the singalong version will be rolled out on Friday at 125 movie theaters in major U.S. cities.

It's the first time Walt Disney Pictures has released a singalong version of a movie in theaters nationwide but the decision follows a modern trend set by "Hairspray" in 2007 and "Mamma Mia," which was based on Abba tunes, this past summer.

"We felt that the ('High School Musical 3') movie's huge base of enthusiastic fans would really embrace a singalong version," said Mark Zoradi, president of Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group.

The third installment in the money-spinning song and dance teen franchise has already earned more than $146 million at the worldwide box office since its October 22 roll-out.

"High School Musical 3: Senior Year" soundtrack sales however were pushed into second place on the Billboard 200 album charts last week by Australian rock band AC/DC's first album in eight years, "Black Ice."

I saw this today and had a blast. I enjoyed watching the kids watch the movie and seeing their reactions more than the movie itself. I imagine I will get it to complete my High School Musical collection.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I took my 9 year old daughter yesterday. We loved it. The dance numbers were tops, the music fun and catchy. Also, as a Mom, it was bittersweet. My daughter fell in love with singing and dancing with this series, and it's over.

I liken it to the first time I saw the Sound of Music and what an impact that has had on me, I think she'll likely hold this series in the same regard.

Okay... can someone tell me what the "extended" portion was of the Extended Edition DVD release??? The only thing that seemed different was the ending song took forever.

What else did I miss that wasn't in the theater version?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I purposely avoided seeing it in the theater. I have a 5 year old son who loves the other two and a 2 1/2 year old who thinks she is a singer/actress. I have no doubt in my mind that we will buy it but I had no desire to pay to see it in the movie theater. I mildly enjoyed the first two, as in catchy songs despite the iffy acting and plot. Since I will most likely be watching it 5x in a row for weeks on end, I sure hope I can tolerate it haha.

+ Reply to Thread