+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

A friend of mine sent me this trailer the other day for this movie and it looks so good. Looks like Michael Cera has picked yet another great film to star in! Has anyone heard anything about this film, or seen the trailer?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Re: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

I have seen it! The trailer I mean.
    And although Michael Cerra is just playing yet another version of Michael Cerra, I will be watching.
    I adore Michael Cerra's act.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

So this movie does not, in fact, have ANYTHING to do with "The Thin Man"?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3173288;
    So this movie does not, in fact, have ANYTHING to do with "The Thin Man"?
    Hahahahaha - no. I saw the preview at the theater today.
    Count your blessings!

LOL besides the names no it has nothing to do with it Krom! Closet Nerd, you really think that Cera plays the same things? I have only really seen him in 2 other movies and on Arrested Development and while the characters there did have some similarities I don't think they were the same. You could also say that maybe he just knows the roles that he is best in because I truly believe each character that he plays. The guy is one good actor, pretty funny!

Benjamin Franklin.

I just think, the way he delivers a line, and the way he uses his mannerisms and such is a consistent formula. Not that it isn't believable or wonderful in what he does! I adore him and all of the characters he has been.

I just think he's more along the lines of a Christopher Walken type than a Sean Penn or Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Nooo I'm not saying I expect a teenager to be on the level with them. But, there are some actors who are a chamelion, and then there is Christopher Walken. I love Christopher Walken, but no matter what movie he is in, and who he is playing, he is still undeniably CHRISTOPHER WALKEN. He will look like, talk like, and act like Christopher Walken. If that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3191470;
    I just think, the way he delivers a line, and the way he uses his mannerisms and such is a consistent formula. Not that it isn't believable or wonderful in what he does! I adore him and all of the characters he has been.

I just think he's more along the lines of a Christopher Walken type than a Sean Penn or Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Nooo I'm not saying I expect a teenager to be on the level with them. But, there are some actors who are a chamelion, and then there is Christopher Walken. I love Christopher Walken, but no matter what movie he is in, and who he is playing, he is still undeniably CHRISTOPHER WALKEN. He will look like, talk like, and act like Christopher Walken. If that makes any sense.
    Ummm I guess? I love Cera and think he is great! I like his acting style it really works with him and for him. I found a new clip for this movie and I kind of love it.

here it is!

Benjamin Franklin.

Oh my gosh, I have to tell you because this is so silly! I had a dream the other night that I met Michael Cerra and discovered that he was my soul mate! Not because we fell instantly in love or something.. but because he was the only other person in the whole world who could levetate. It was our little secret

Haven't seen the trailer for this, but a friend of mine can't stop talking about how much she loved the novel it's based on. I think I'll read the book first, then watch the movie. I LOVE Michael Cera (can't decide whether I want to keep him as a pet or marry him and have his babies - although that feels wrong, somehow...) so I'll definitely go see this.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I am really excited for this too! I have not read the book though but everyone keeps talking about it so I am going to have to pick it up soon. Also you can see the trailer here if you have not seen it yet.

LOL I love your Michael Cera comment and he is a real QT...I love everything he does, he really nails his parts.

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast