+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Step Brothers

Step Brothers

Has anyone seen this yet? My son really wants to see it - so I will be taking him on Thursday. The plot sounds fun when you consider Will Ferrell playing a brother. I saw Will and John C. Reilly on Jimmy Kimmel last night plugging the film and those two were just hysterical together. Hoping the movie will not be a disappointment. Looks like it is currently in 3rd place at the box office.

Re: Step Brothers

I saw it last week, with low expectations (I haven't been impressed by Ferrell's recent stuff). I laughed my ass off! It earned the R rating, that's for sure....lots of foul language, a bit of male nudity....but I thought it was hilarious. Hope you like it!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Saw this movie last week and found it very funny, but really, really stupid. Don't get me wrong, I love stupid humor, but prefer it when there is something original or witty about it. The stupidity in this was kind of endless...I think I lost a few IQ points because of it. There is no way I would watch this a second time. Whereas a movie like Superbad - I've seen it 3 times already and am sure I will watch it again at some point.

That said, Reilly and Farrell are both brilliant comedic actors and have an awesome chemistry. If any two other actors had been in this (except for maybe Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller), it would have been intolerable.

My favorite scene was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the first time they were both sleepwalking.
    I laughed my butt off over that.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

The first half of this movie was absolutely hysterical The second half was horrible. No laughs at all - I should have left halfway through. I will probably see it again when it is out on DVD - but will only watch the first 45 minutes. Instead of continuing on with the obvious laughability of the story - they attempted to turn it into a life lesson or some such nonsense. Ruined what had started out as a really funny movie. Probably would have made more $$ if the silliness continued throughout the film.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I thought the entire movie was hilarious. I laughed hysterically the whole time. I really, really liked it. There was a lot of foul language but I didn't mind it. I imagine I will buy it when it comes out on DVD.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread