+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Twilight The Movie

E! showed a trailer from the Twilight movie and is touting the movie as the next big franchise after Harry Potter. Twilight the movie is based on Twilight the book by Stephanie Meyers. This is her first book, it was accepted and published as a vampire novel for young adults. There are four books in the series with the fourth one coming out August 2008. The books have an avid teen following. I listened to the audiobooks and found them a bit slow and full of teenage angst. The books are very much feelings and in your head and that type of book is very hard to translate to film. Clan of the Cave Bear is a prime example. Loved the book. Hated the movie. So much of the book is based on the feelings and reactions of the characters which reads beautifully but without the right director fails miserably as a movie. If the director (female) can create or find the tension of love and fear, life and death between the characters and manipulate it throughout the film this could be a huge hit. Still I think it will do well especially among the rabid teen and tween population that will probably want to see it several times. Out December 12, 2008.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Twilight The Movie

I am freaking out about this movie!!!!!! Im so excited! It was and still is my favorite book series!
    "She wakes up to the cold that she created.
    There's a winter in her mind, though outside the snow has faded
    and the sun is bright
    but she's bundled up tight"

I rented Penelope and the very first preview was Twilight including on-screen comments by Stephanie Meyers! Very cool. I can't wait.
    Count your blessings!

I just watched a trailer online, and I must say it looks good.I'm not a teen (way past that age) but am a big Buffy fan and was curious about the series. I just read the first book in a day and a half. Very guilty pleasure. And I must say the Edward they cast looks great in the promo's. I guess I should read the next book, but I'm afraid that it may get too smaltzy. The best part was when they are still just starting to get to know each other, feeling the chemistry build.
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

I'm way above the target age for these books, but enjoyed them. Blue Eyes, the rest of the series is better. Well, I didn't care for Bella at all in book two, but there is a lot of good character development in them. But on the subject, I can't wait for the movie. The trailer I saw is awesome.

Some of the movie websites are saying that Twilight is one of 22 fall/winter must see movies. A writer also commented that we will be seeing alot more vampire films in the future to balance out all the superhero films that seems to be coming out of the woodwork the last several yrs. That being said I would luv to see Christine Feehan's Carpathians or Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters but I quess they would have to all be X rated because of the sex scenes never mind Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series that would be rated XXX.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

On the 2008 Scream Awards last night they showed a trailer with new scenes from the movie. It looks amazing and I for one am very excited!
    Yup, with donuts!!

OH I MISSED THAT!! Darn! I must look for a replay of the scream awards!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The trailers can be seen on the author's website ...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm game.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast