+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Re: Twilight The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3236751;
    Great review, Geek The Girl! I can't wait to see the movie, although I may hold out until Sunday.
    I'm with ya. I want to see it really bad, but I don't know that I can deal with all the screaming girls tomorrow and Saturday. I want to be able to actually enjoy the movie, so I'm probably going to wait until Sunday or during the week to go see the movie, when it'll be less crowded.
    Forever a Word Nerd

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3237838;
    ^ Love the avatars, geek the girl & Marleybone. I'm going to have to get me a Twilight one soon...
    Thanks.

None of the theaters in my area do online tickets, so I'll have to take my chances. My son is performing in a play at his college this weekend, so I'll have to wait until Sunday anyway. Hopefully it will be shown in enough theaters that the crowds won't be so bad by then.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3206777;
    Some of the movie websites are saying that Twilight is one of 22 fall/winter must see movies. A writer also commented that we will be seeing alot more vampire films in the future to balance out all the superhero films that seems to be coming out of the woodwork the last several yrs. That being said I would luv to see Christine Feehan's Carpathians or Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters but I quess they would have to all be X rated because of the sex scenes never mind Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series that would be rated XXX.
    Ah - someone else is a Christine Feehan fan. I love her Carpathian series and would like to see it become a movie series. But, you are right, the sex scenes would have to be dramatically sanitized. X rated is great in a book but would have to be downgraded to an R to draw a movie audience. Never read Larell K.Hamilton's Anita Blake series. I'll have to look for it.

I drove 20 min. each way today to get tickets for Saturday. Our little theater doesn't sell on-line, either. But I promised my Little Sister we'd go. She read all the books (my set) and all her friends are into it, too. I'm sure I'll see a lot of my students there. Sometimes it's fun to watch a movie with that much passion from the audience.
    Count your blessings!

Good point, gutmutter - and I can always go see it again after the crowds die down. And, of course, it'll be pre-ordered from Amazon as soon as they have it available. Now I just hope I'm not disappointed in it, after all this buildup!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I just came back form having seen Eagle Eye and I was talking to one of the employees as the theatre and they have employee screenings for the new releases coming out this week. Yes she saw Twilight. She is in college, is a journalism major and has never read the books. She was not impressed with the film. I asked on a scale of A, B, C or D what would it be? I was surprised when she gave it a B- because from her lack of enthusiasm I thought she would have graded it lower. Anyway I asked her what was wrong. Yes it is slow, properly paced like the book but her main issue is she feels that since the Harry Potter movie pushed back it's regular Thanksgiving release to May 09 that the studio rushed this film to get it ready for this release date. She felt that the editing was bad and that it felt as if the actors were not being given enough time to develop their characters and the relationship/chemistry between the characters. She is not saying that it is a horrible movie but that if the studio heads had given the actors and the editors more time it would have been a much better film.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

According to the local news, there is a midnight showing tonight and it is a sold-out affair. What was kind of cool was that they were doing a blood drive along with the premier. Kind of corny, but it's a good cause. However, I cannot bring myself to face that many tweens "zomg!"-ing over Rob Pattinson for all the money in the world. I think I'll have to wait to see it until the madness dies down a bit.

The editing was terrible.
    The directing was juvenile.
    There was horrible music playing in the background of so many scenes where there should have been none.
    A lot of the female casting was meh...

The AUDIENCE was borderline intolorable!!

That being said, the male cast members were pretty much alllll swoon worthey, and it completely made up for everything else
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I bought my ticket to go and see it Saturday night down where I am going to be house sitting. Can't wait to see and at this point my patience is lacking.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3237838;
    ^ Love the avatars, geek the girl & Marleybone. I'm going to have to get me a Twilight one soon...
    You found a great one, CCL! I burst out laughing whenever I see it in one of the threads.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread