+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Re: Twilight The Movie

Okay, so I was fortunate enough to see Twilight last night and my heart rate is still not back to normal! I won't say too much since I don't want to spoil the experience for all you lucky people who have yet to see it for yourselves, but I will say this: fans of the book will most definitely enjoy the movie. The casting was good overall, although there is a certain mission impossible element to it given the alleged surreal beauty of the Cullen family. I mean, how can mere mortals portray the Cullens without disappointing somebody? They can't. With the exception of Edward and Carlisle () the other actors look, well, human. I was particularly disappointed with the guy playing Jasper - he looked nothing like I imagined he would! Alice and Emmett were pretty close to my mental image of them, and Rob Pattinson is - believe it or not - hot enough to pull of Edward. The chemistry between him and Kristen is U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E! I literally had goosebumps throughout the movie. The sexual tension and constant yearning, those pivotal themes for the Twilight saga, were translated very well into the big screen, I think.

All in all, a great, great film. Beautiful cinematography, nicely paced, great acting all around (but yeah, Jasper will keep bugging me for a while - he looked constipated throughout the movie!), captivating story (of course), amazing soundtrack, great villains, magical chemistry between Bella and Edward... what's not to love? I savoured every minute of it and already look forward to seeing it again! (Obsessive, much?)

Right, I'm off to do some more swooning. My avatar says it all.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

CCL

Ooh, thanks for the review, geek the girl.
    I had a dream last night that I was watching a play version of Twilight. It was very weird.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

After reading a bunch of comments about the books and upcoming movie, I thought I should pick up Twilight and read it before watching the movie. I am another early-30s female - married with children. I dropped by Target yesterday and picked it up. I started reading it at lunch and then picked it up again after work and could not put it down. I was more than halfway thru at nearly 2:00am before I finally forced myself to put it down!!! I imagine I will be done by the end of the day today. I'm almost glad I didn't read it earlier, because this way I don't have long to wait for the movie!!

Bought my movie tickets today!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Great review, Geek The Girl! I can't wait to see the movie, although I may hold out until Sunday.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Stephenie was on the news this morning and I yelled out, "spegs!". I'd better go get tickets ahead of time. It is going to be sold out if it isn't already.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member

I just watched the trailer, and I can't wait to see this. I enjoy going to movies by myself so I'm looking forward to it.

CCL

^ Love the avatars, geek the girl & Marleybone. I'm going to have to get me a Twilight one soon...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I just watched Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart on Today. Meredith took them outside to answer a few questions from fans. Pattinson, of course, was the one everyone was going crazy over. Stewart didn't seem very comfortable.

I loved the books and am eager to see the movie!

+ Reply to Thread