+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

FORT Newbie

Re: Twilight The Movie

I am a huge fan of the immortal world. My buddy lent me Twilight last weekend, I couldn't put it down..and I am way past the teenage days..Meyer did a fantastic job with this Saga...I am totally addicted to this saga, and I am 32, and married with children! I immediately went out and got the other three books, and today started Breaking Dawn, less then a week later!! (Each book is what, 600 pages?!!) I was pleased to find out there are three more books in the saga, and a 5th one she won't finish (Midnight Sun) due to someone publishing it on the internet illegally- which is a real shame! I have my timer for the movie primiere on for the count down...and cant wait to see the book on the big screen.. I hope she makes movies of the other three sequels!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3230158;
    I like the posters I've been seeing in the stores. Edward looks positively smoldering.

I was in a store the other day with my three year old daughter and she saw a poster of Edward by himself on a cardboard box. She went and stood in front of him, and I could NOT get her to leave! She kept saying, "Look Mommy! I like him!" I could not believe how enamored she was with his poster! Of course, if I could have stood there beside it all day, I might have done so, too!

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom;3232206;
    I was in a store the other day with my three year old daughter and she saw a poster of Edward by himself on a cardboard box. She went and stood in front of him, and I could NOT get her to leave! She kept saying, "Look Mommy! I like him!" I could not believe how enamored she was with his poster! Of course, if I could have stood there beside it all day, I might have done so, too!
    Awwww, cute! I love how Edward enthralls women of all ages.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

LOTS of women of all ages! This story was all over the news here:
    Huge crowd of teens prompts cops to cancel actor Robert Pattinson's San Francisco appearance

Bay City News Service
    Article Launched: 11/10/2008 11:27:08 AM PST

The Hot Topic store at the Stonestown Galleria in San Francisco, Calif. on Monday, November 10,...

A large crowd of teenagers showed up at the Stonestown Galleria mall in San Francisco today for an event that was supposed to include an appearance by 22-year-old British actor Robert Pattinson.

Pattinson, who stars in the vampire film "Twilight," set to be released Nov. 21, was scheduled to sign autographs at the Hot Topic store inside the mall at 6 p.m.

The crowd began gathering early this morning outside the mall's entrance. Eventually a line formed that stretched around the building.

The event has since been canceled, said Michael Dwyer, an employee at the mall's management office.

An employee answering the phone at Hot Topic said around 10:15 a.m. the event had been shut down by San Francisco police but declined to comment further.

She said there were still people waiting in line outside the store to buy merchandise.

San Francisco police did not immediately return a call for comment.
    Huge crowd of teens prompts cops to cancel actor Robert Pattinson's San Francisco appearance - San Jose Mercury News
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I stood in a well barricaded, very orderly line this morning for three hours to get my wristband for Victoria, Laurent and Jacob tonight. I don't know if it was originally supposed to be as patrolled and organized as it was or if CA played a role in it. After the 'members only' signing there is a Q&A with the three in the mall for everyone and they are projecting 3-5000 people. Given that I am #166 out of 750 for the autographs, I project I will be getting the heck out of Dodge before the major mayhem starts! One thing I like, the order we were in this morning is the order we'll be in tonight, so I should be out of there at least an hour before they are done.

I am too excited and today is taking way too long! And I'm happy to report there were plenty of people like me ... in their 30s that did NOT have teenagers with them.
    Wag more, bark less

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

I'm such a I don't want to go to the movie alone... Thinking of dragging the honey. Why don't I know anyone of the proper age to go with? Why don't my 30-something girlfriends and sister share my passion? None of them are too much into reading, though. More fool, them. And all my young-ins are too young.

Well, got the Entertainment Weekly... FINALLY!!!! I've been looking all weekend, and yesterday at lunch. I had poor honey trawling the Hoboken news stand (inside the train station to NY) asking for help locating it and being on the phone with me... I know that newstand well and was coaching him the on the three places it could be... poor guy, after much muttering of "Cosmo, People, Here's your US magazine!!! Want that??" he finally found it... and almost missed his train.

He read it on the way home (in favor of his computer-builder-geek magazine !?!) When I received my prize, I was clucking my tongue over Edward saying "That's NOT Edward" and he was happy to report that the article said I was not alone and all the fans were in an uproar. He was able to tell me all about what the article said and that he did not want to go see it..... but would, he guesses. Snort!

Heh.
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 11-11-2008 at 12:55 PM.
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;3232450;
    He was able to tell me all about what the article said and that he did not want to go see it..... but would, he guesses. Snort!
    Keep wearing him down! I'm going with the 12 year old I originally read it for (I bought it for her for Christmas last year, meant to do a quick scan to make sure it was appropriate for her and ended up hooked) and her mom that has since joined us after listening to us go on and on about them for the past year. Hubbies have finally decided they too want to go, if for no reason than to see what we are so wound up about! Of course we firmly said we would go with them...AFTER the three of us went by ourselves to the midnight showing to act like idiots with all the other people as obsessed....errr, interested...as we are!
    Wag more, bark less

I'm going! I'm actually getting together with a bunch of other moms and we are headed to the actual Premiere (just to be at the red carpet when the stars walk out) since we couldn't get tickets. We are in LA so its not like its a huge drive. We are also going opening night--all 8 of us will be in the theater with all the teens. I can't believe how excited I am!

I'm another one going alone - don't know anyone else in my area that is interested in it. My son is too old to be dragged along with mom, his wife doesn't seem interested (although I might be able to talk her in to it), nieces of the right age are in different states and my best friend doesn't "do" fantasy. Haven't decided if I want to go opening weekend or not - I'd rather not fight the screaming teens but that would probably mean waiting for the dvd
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I haven't read the EW article yet. Who is not Edward? Would someone please post the article?

I am going to see it with my friend's daughter who lent me the book and got me started. She is so excited that I am going to take her to see the movie, that she has got the whole evening planned out! Such a cutie! We're trying to get her mom to join us, even though she hasn't read the books!

+ Reply to Thread