+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Twilight The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3389328;
    I hope I don't ruin the Carlisle character for some of you but his uncanny resemblance, even his voice, to Tom Cruise was distracting. Slick back Tom's hair and color it blond and there's Carlisle. However, I watched the behind the scenes segments and the actor playing him seemed very personable and looked like he had a lot of fun on set.

Just a reminder that Tom Cruise has already played a blond vampire! And got pretty good reviews as I recall!

And Archie--I agree neither main character seems all that enticing as a person, but the book makes it clear their attraction is at a very physical pheremone like level...the way her blood "smells", some smell that vampires give off that seduces their victims into passivity (plus his stone cold good looks of course--she is a teen after all).

FORT Newbie

i just saw Nikki Reed's new trailer to her movie Chain Letter... a little more gory than Twilight.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3395915;
    ok.... my two cents after reading the book on Thursday... I picked up the book and read it faster then I have ever read a book before. I thought it was great. I am in my late 20's and just ate it up. I know it's easy reading but it hit a nerve in my romantic sappy single life that I lead... I already had in possession the dvd so i watched it right after i read the book. I was disappointed to say the least. I was actually pissed which is odd for my personality... to be so affected and moved by a book and then want to throw something after seeing the movie was very out of character for me... I understand it's hard to condense a 500 page book into a movie... but some key scenes were left out that I felt needed to be added... example: Blood type Biology scene... Anyway the main issue I had with the movie was the lack of build up for the love story. If I had not read the book then I would have been completely confused. I thought Edward was portrayed well... a little comical sometimes but decent enough. Bella ... well i am not sure about her acting skills but I guess I got the whole bumbling clumsy feel. It's just some of her facial expressions and stammering made me feel I was watching an outtake show being hosted by Howie Mandel then a movie. I wanted their to be more of the love story shown... I was pretty upset about the movie and that it tainted my view of the book. So i ended up re-reading the book again late last night. hahaha. Such a dork I know... So after that I jumped onto the next book. I literally just finished New Moon and feel competely drained after reading it. If I smoked I would have smoked a whole pack after finishing that book. what an emotional roller coaster. But back to my point. Today I watched the movie again in bits.. bascially fast forwarding to the scenes that I wanted to give another chance... And i don't hate the movie as much as I did before. I actually am starting to like it. Weird I know... But it is growing on me. I am now full on obsessed with this series. I already have read a couple chapters in Eclipse and am debating whether or not to get emotionally drained again on my few precious days I get off from a week of work hell. So count me in with the obsessed rabid reader of this series... I am hooked.

Ya know with all the issues i have with the movie vrs book debated here.. thats one i never touched on and it makes the most sense when i think back on it.
    I never felt that movie Bella loved movie Edward like we felt while reading the book. that was a HUGE part of what that book is.. the love she has for him. Now it just brings me back around to want an awful actress KStew is..

I will admit the move has grown on me, mostly for the people in it i DO like and there are some cute scenes.. but there is a disconnection from the book that i can't help but feel.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3402278;
    Ya know with all the issues i have with the movie vrs book debated here.. thats one i never touched on and it makes the most sense when i think back on it.
    I never felt that movie Bella loved movie Edward like we felt while reading the book. that was a HUGE part of what that book is.. the love she has for him. Now it just brings me back around to want an awful actress KStew is..

I will admit the movie has grown on me, mostly for the people in it i DO like and there are some cute scenes.. but there is a disconnection from the book that i can't help but feel.
    Wow, and I thought I was the only person who felt that. I think in "looks" she fit my concept of Bella very well, but her performance was just the way she is and not believable acting as Bella. I am probably in minority here, but I was disappointed with Kristen's performance and would be glad if they found another actress to play the part of Bella.

Which is funny, because before seeing the movie, I thought Rob would not fit well as Edward - and I am perfectly happy with his performance.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I was also disappointed with her performance... It felt like she hadn't even read the book to find out who she was to portray. Some of her stammering and facial expressions were just really out there and for me didn't capture the Bella in the book... But then is that her fault or the director? While watching the movie I wondered if they had any idea how huge the movie was going to be... maybe if they had then it would have been made a little better... Another thing that bothered me was not once did they say "I love you" to each other... It was alluded to once with the 'So the Lion falls in love with the Lamb' comment but other then that nothing... That made NO sense to me since in the book the love story was everything. But like I said in a earlier post after rewatching the movie many times it has grown on me. Even with my issues I still watch the movie at least once a day... and am rereading the series to tide me over until New Moon comes out. I am just hoping that the Jacob story doesn't take up the WHOLE movie... as a Team Edward fan I hope he gets his due screen time... Cannot wait to see how they film the Italy scenes...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I just watched the Twilght movie and was very disappointed. I realize it must have been hard to put such a long book in a less than 2 hour movie but I agree with the poster who said it didn't appear that the actress playing Bella had even read the book. K. Stewart was just so blah, like she was sleepwalking thru the part. It seemed like all her and Rob Pattinson did was stare intensely into each others eyes for most of the movie. I thought the human background characters were better actors/actresses. And I never got a sense of the personality traits from other vampire characters at all. Except for Rosalie. So IMO when people say the book is always better than the movie, I have to agree on this one.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

One thing I will say about this movie, because I feel the need to be positive about something, it did have an amazing soundtrack! I think I have it in 3 different forms, iPod, CD, and I have it on my computer at work.. i think my co-workes are sick of it however
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I agree the soundtrack is awesome. I also have it on my ipod as well as the Score of the movie. Bella's Lullaby is fantastic.

You should check out Robert's version of Bella's Lullaby. It is even more beautiful than the one that was in the movie. He wrote it himself and everything.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3404074;
    You should check out Robert's version of Bella's Lullaby. It is even more beautiful than the one that was in the movie. He wrote it himself and everything.
    Where can you get it?

+ Reply to Thread