+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Re: Twilight The Movie

Tom Cruise? Gosh, don't compare Peter to Tom Cruise. I so hate Tom Cruise and he's shorter than Peter. hahaha. I actually like all the choices for the Cullens. However, they could have looked for a prettier girl for Rosalie. Nikki is pretty, but not one people would be gawking at. Ashley looks much more prettier... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3389331;
    Tom Cruise? Gosh, don't compare Peter to Tom Cruise. I so hate Tom Cruise and he's shorter than Peter. hahaha. I actually like all the choices for the Cullens. However, they could have looked for a prettier girl for Rosalie. Nikki is pretty, but not one people would be gawking at. Ashley looks much more prettier... lol.
    Trust me, I didn't want to see a Tom Cruise resemblance. It just jumped out at me first thing . And I agree about the Rosalie character. She just wasn't the breathtaking beauty depicted in the book.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3389342;
    Trust me, I didn't want to see a Tom Cruise resemblance. It just jumped out at me first thing . And I agree about the Rosalie character. She just wasn't the breathtaking beauty depicted in the book.
    lol. Sorry. I just had to say it...

About Rosalie, really.. Nothing against Nikki and she actually is beautiful, but just not breath-taking... I expect, when we first see Rosalie, our reaction should be somewhat dazzled (with jaw dropping for a few moments)... Perhaps the actress should have the ability to make people at the cinema whistle or "wowing"... lol... I think the hair doesn't help Nikki there. She's very pretty in dark hair.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Wow, Peter Tom.. no way.. lol. I have been a Peter fan since the Fastlane days. In fact thas how i found out about this movie.. and then the book.. etc. Peter is FAR better looking than Tom.

As I have said many times before, you can recast Bella and Rose and I wouldn't care a bit. I think I'd be happier in fact. Nikki IS pretty but too hard looking to be Rose as she was in the book.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

On Nikki Reed's Myspace account she posted a video of an interview she did about the characters and the low budget and how now with the increased budged for New Moon they WILL be making some changes to the characters appearance.

I think that overall they did a pretty decent job but there were a few of the the little things that I had expected to be a little more... enhanced... like Rosalie's otherworldly beauty or even the red in the bad vampire's eyes. In the theater they just looked black. I had expected the eyes to send a little chill down my spine like it did when I read the books... Maybe New Moon will be different with the larger budget.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Teehee... Exactly, FireWoman. lol. Peter is FAR better than Tom. lol. Plus, he's such a great husband and father. I used to watch Jennie Garth danced in Dancing with the Stars and she clearly adores her husband and the camera focused on him quite a lot and I'm very touched everytime he had the proud expression on his face. I loved him then. I didn't know Peter back then; didn't even know that he's an actor himself. lol. Only after he played Carlisle that I found out his name and his wife, and I immediately remembered him in DWTS (as Jennie's supporter of course)... I love him more after that. He has a lovable character in him and he's a great father, so it seems. and I say there's no better Carlisle than him.

I've heard about that, CaliLily. In my opinion, the Cullens are so great and BEAUTIFUL... If they're making it better, I might just die of shock. lol. I really do hope they would do something about Taylor Luthner's wig. In Twilight, to be quite honest, it looks horrible on him. and the fact that Taylor looks breathtakingly cute, is just not sit right with me... I don't find Jacob... cute. *shakes head*

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Kia.. you MUSt get the Fastlane DVD.. it only had one season but it was a pretty decent concept.. and well had a VERY hot younger Peter
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

fastlane, eh? Okie... I'll try to hunt for the DVD. Thanks. Twilight is the only movie by him that I watched. :p It's funny that when I read my friend's review, they all thought Peter is HOT... They didn't even squeal when they first saw Edward like they were when Peter first came into the screen. hahaha. I was pretty much gawking.

ok.... my two cents after reading the book on Thursday... I picked up the book and read it faster then I have ever read a book before. I thought it was great. I am in my late 20's and just ate it up. I know it's easy reading but it hit a nerve in my romantic sappy single life that I lead... I already had in possession the dvd so i watched it right after i read the book. I was disappointed to say the least. I was actually pissed which is odd for my personality... to be so affected and moved by a book and then want to throw something after seeing the movie was very out of character for me... I understand it's hard to condense a 500 page book into a movie... but some key scenes were left out that I felt needed to be added... example: Blood type Biology scene... Anyway the main issue I had with the movie was the lack of build up for the love story. If I had not read the book then I would have been completely confused. I thought Edward was portrayed well... a little comical sometimes but decent enough. Bella ... well i am not sure about her acting skills but I guess I got the whole bumbling clumsy feel. It's just some of her facial expressions and stammering made me feel I was watching an outtake show being hosted by Howie Mandel then a movie. I wanted their to be more of the love story shown... I was pretty upset about the movie and that it tainted my view of the book. So i ended up re-reading the book again late last night. hahaha. Such a dork I know... So after that I jumped onto the next book. I literally just finished New Moon and feel competely drained after reading it. If I smoked I would have smoked a whole pack after finishing that book. what an emotional roller coaster. But back to my point. Today I watched the movie again in bits.. bascially fast forwarding to the scenes that I wanted to give another chance... And i don't hate the movie as much as I did before. I actually am starting to like it. Weird I know... But it is growing on me. I am now full on obsessed with this series. I already have read a couple chapters in Eclipse and am debating whether or not to get emotionally drained again on my few precious days I get off from a week of work hell. So count me in with the obsessed rabid reader of this series... I am hooked.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I've seen some pictures from the set, she's keeping that crappy blonde wig. Though i can't completely blame the wig, it just doesn't mix with Nikki.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread