+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Re: Twilight The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3367518;
    Im not quite sure how I feel about Dakota Fanning playing Jane. I've only seen her play little girl roles in movies. It will be weird watching her (if she did accept it, I don't think it has been officially announced yet) play a sociopathic vampire.
    She is a pretty talented actress, so I think she could pull it off.
    I remember her playing a character who was a departure from the "nice little girl" type in Hide and Seek. It wasn't a very good movie overall, but she did a fine job in it.

I love this movie. I have written a VERY LONG review on my favorite parts, though I'm not so sure if I should post it here. lol. I was basically rambling. :p

I gotta say that Ashley Greene is my favorite portrayal in the movie. Well -- perhaps ALL the Cullens (and Hale, but they didn't actually mention Jasper and Rosalie "last name" in the movie, do they... lol).

Ok, the dvd release is almost here. Where do ya'll suggest buying it? Target has a 3-disc edition with an itunes download and deleted scenes. Best Buy has a 2-disc edition with deleted scenes. Don't know if it differs from Targets version. Walmart will also have a 2-disc edition. Which one is the best bang for the buck? I'd like to think the Target copy but want to know if there is anything else out there to consider.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I'll be buying the Target version.

I will probably be buying whichever one has the best sale price on release day. I cannot imagine why I would need the 3-disc version, although that download option is something to consider...

Whoa... I just noticed that Stephenie Meyer's in the movie. How could I not notice it before??? but Is that really her, or am I having some sort of hallucination? lol

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3386449;
    Whoa... I just noticed that Stephenie Meyer's in the movie. How could I not notice it before??? but Is that really her, or am I having some sort of hallucination? lol
    I don't think you are hallucinating I didn't pay enough attention when I watched it in the theater, but she does make a cameo appearance as a customer sitting at the counter in a diner.

lol. My friend just confirmed to me about that. It's nice to see she's involved herself with the movie.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Yes, its her getting her "Veggie Plate" from the waitress. If you look close next to her you can also see a pic of Waylon Forge taped up on the register. This was after he'd been attacked, as a in memory kinda thing.

I know i read/heard a comment that Steph made abotu even in the movie she was still writing on her lap top
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I watched it yesterday and for the most part liked it. I know it's hard to take a long book and cut it down to a 2 hr. movie but I wish some of the characters had been fleshed out (no pun intended ) a little more.

I hope I don't ruin the Carlisle character for some of you but his uncanny resemblance, even his voice, to Tom Cruise was distracting. Slick back Tom's hair and color it blond and there's Carlisle. However, I watched the behind the scenes segments and the actor playing him seemed very personable and looked like he had a lot of fun on set.

And the way Kristen delivered some of her lines, with that cut and dried, matter-of-fact speech pattern was a little annoying. But I know that Bella is not the most fun, outgoing person so I guess it fits with the character. I just wish she had a little more personality. Something, anything, to make me as a viewer understand why Edward would be so attracted to her. Her moody, broody attitude just didn't seem appealing. But then again, I guess vampires are like that so maybe that's why he likes her so much.

Aside from Edward and Alice, they could recast the whole family and I wouldn't care one way or the other. It's not that I didn't like the actors, they just weren't memorable enough in the role for me to make a lasting impression. Maybe part of the reason is that they really didn't get much screen time.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-22-2009 at 09:22 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread