+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Re: Twilight The Movie

in harry potter, which role he played, which wizard? tiny role?

Ballz, if you are asking about Rob Pattinson (and I presume you are), he played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I may be in the minority on this, but I liked him better as Cedric (although it was a much smaller role) than as Edward. Although - he's grown on me as Edward, too!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3254975;
    Ballz, if you are asking about Rob Pattinson (and I presume you are), he played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I may be in the minority on this, but I liked him better as Cedric (although it was a much smaller role) than as Edward. Although - he's grown on me as Edward, too!
    Oh my gosh! Although I haven't watched it for a while, we own that HP movie and I did not realize that Cedric was played by Rob Pattinson!!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Twilight has grossed over $210 worldwide since its release date. WOW! I'm so thrilled for it's success. I truly hope Summit will invest more money into New Moon now, more than the reported $50 million.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3256780;
    Twilight has grossed over $210 worldwide since its release date. WOW! I'm so thrilled for it's success. I truly hope Summit will invest more money into New Moon now, more than the reported $50 million.
    Now that schools are closed for the Christmas Holidays I am sure that a lot more people will be seeing the movie and doubling that amount.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The movie is to be released on dvd on March 21st but I'm disappointed that it will only be available in a 2 disc special edition retailing for around $30. From what I've read, the single disc version will be available at rental stores but I thought I'd save the price of a rental and just add it to the purchase since I didn't see it in the theaters. If it does sell in the $30 price range then I'll have to pass. I think during these hard economic times, now is not the time to be forcing an expensive special edition onto fans and potential fans.

Twilight DVD release coming March 21 - 1/12/2009 - Video Business

ETA: Hopefully Walmart will carry the single disc version in-store, as it looks like they will be offering it online. And for cheaper than the suggested retail. There may just be hope yet for me to get it at a reasonable price. Walmart.com: Movies & TV: Movies: Twilight
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 02-24-2009 at 10:36 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I already pre ordered (why I have no idea since I wasn't that much a fan of the movie or that little ungrateful little twit KStew) but the cost has already gone down for me.. and I didn’t feel 5 bucks was that big of a difference to not get the missing scenes. I heard that one was shot from Midnight Sun.. and anything that gets me more Robert.. well that’s a good thing! lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3346564;
    I already pre ordered (why I have no idea since I wasn't that much a fan of the movie or that little ungrateful little twit KStew) but the cost has already gone down for me.. and I didnít feel 5 bucks was that big of a difference to not get the missing scenes. I heard that one was shot from Midnight Sun.. and anything that gets me more Robert.. well thatís a good thing! lol
    If the price is between $17-$22, then I agree it's not that big a difference, but if stores actually charged the $30+ suggested retail then I think that's just too much to pay for a movie.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Just wait.. there is also said to be a 3rd DVD set.. the Director's Cut. I am sure that will go for about 30 as well. Like I said above, I will be happy with my Midnight Sun scene... as it stands now that has to be my fave of the series.. even if its been left unfinished.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I pre-ordered the 2-disc set, but I got a nice discount because I'm an irewards member at Chapters/Indigo. We buy Disney flicks for our kids on a regular basis and it's not at all unusual to pay $26 or so for a new release - and that's the Wal-mart price.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread