+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Twilight The Movie

I hate being interviewed too.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Interviews take a little bit of skill and frankly, the more you can connect with the person interviewing you the less awkward it feels. To ability to disarm someone who has a clear cut agenda of gaining access by probing you with questions doesn't come as quickly as fame can.

I also went and saw the movie a second time and enjoyed it much more as I was able to really focus and catch all the dialogue. Jacob still doesn't work for me at all though, or I should say the person playing Jacob. Maybe I had unrelastic expectations for that part as he is my favorite character in the series.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I liked the actor who played Jacob - and he's my favorite in the books, too. Along with Alice, Emmett and Jasper...
    My daughter-in-law wants to see the movie again. I may go with her if she does.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

CCL

I thought Jacob was okay but his all-too-obvious wig was a bit distracting.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3245075;
    I thought Jacob was okay but his all-too-obvious wig was a bit distracting.
    I must be dense, because I didn't realize he was wearing a wig!!
    I liked Jacob in the movie. From the little we saw of him I thought he fit the Jacob in the first book - cute and shy. I'll have to re-evaluate after New Moon where we will see a lot more of him!

I haven't seen the movie yet (I'm going to try to see it this weekend) but I see I'm going to be disappointed in Jacob. I went and checked out the pictures on imdb. They went with Sharkboy? They couldn't find a young native actor to fill that role? And one who didn't need a wig. Jacob was one of my (and my daughter's) favourites as well. *sigh*
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I love talking about casting. I'm so pleased I saw the movie first, so I could have the images of Robert, Kristen and Taylor in my head when I read Twilight. I thought Taylor (Jacob) did a good job playing the aw-shucks, easy going best friend, but now having read New Moon and seeing the physical transformations that he goes through, I'm having a hard time reconciling how they will accomplish that in the movie. Taylor appears to be about 5'10", I don't know how they are going to make him appear 6'5" and very muscular and he needs to be, it's a key element to the plot line.

Additionally, I've read when casting was announced for Edward as Robert Pattinson, 75,000 fans signed a petition protesting that choice. I could not imagine anyone else for the role, he was perfect as Edward.

So, I've now read the entire series, I just finished Breaking Dawn a few hours ago. While Bella was quite tiresome to me on many occasions, the forever in love declarations, I'm not good enough for you bits, a bit hokey (there is a reason this series appeals largely to idealistic teen girls), all in all, I was highly entertained and I enjoyed the four books very much, I'm happy to have read them.

Oh, one more casting comment......For New Moon, Aro, the lead Italian vampire, when his character was first introduced in the book, my mind instantly thought Gene Hackman. Anyone other than Gene Hackman as Aro, will be a disappointment. Hee Hee.

ETA: I've heard there is a compliment book online, Edwards 1st person perspective of Twilight, can someone PM me a link. Thanks.
    Last edited by talldede; 12-04-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Ask a question

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

talldede, the partial Midnight Sun can be found on Stephanie Meyer's website: StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Midnight Sun

There is some discussion of it over in the Bella & Edward Series thread in the Books forum. You may want to check that out too.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3245521;
    talldede, the partial Midnight Sun can be found on Stephanie Meyer's website: StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Midnight Sun

There is some discussion of it over in the Bella & Edward Series thread in the Books forum. You may want to check that out too.
    Thanks PhoneGrrrl -

Geez, I'm embarrassed to say I've never even ventured into the Books forum...... When you've got the Bachelor and American Idol forums, there is only so much time in my day. There is so much great info in the Bella and Edward thread, I'm loving it. I'm so late to this Twilight party, but happy I finally discovered it.

+ Reply to Thread