+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Twilight The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Hygena;3242787;
    I finished New Moon last night and have already started Eclipse. Two of my girlfriends have convinced me to see the movie again but I declined when they asked me to wear glitter (its seems my dark circles and Canadian white skin is finally coming into vogue with the Vamp lit set)
    OK, I went to the movie for a second time, because I wanted to compare it with the book fresh in my mind. I think they did a very good job of translating the story. Some things I liked better in the book was how much Edward and Bella touched. They were constantly touching each others arms, faces, and Bella was in Edwards lap frequently, but they did not incorporate that in the movie. Also, the meadow scene was lovely in the book, quite hokey in the movie.

I think the movie did two things better than the book. The scene where Bella says "I know what you are." I think that was much more dramatic in the movie, whereas in the book, it was in the car on the ride home from Port Angeles. I also think the movie did an A+ job of the final battle scene.

Hygena, what did you think of New Moon? I enjoyed it very much, mainly due to Jacob. Bella was a tad to much for me with her attitude. Of course, I loved the excitement at the end. I borrow Eclipse tomorrow from a friend, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3243307;
    Hygena, what did you think of New Moon? I enjoyed it very much, mainly due to Jacob. Bella was a tad to much for me with her attitude. Of course, I loved the excitement at the end. I borrow Eclipse tomorrow from a friend, can't wait.
    Okay, I'm not Hygena, but I just finished reading New Moon last week and finished Eclipse last night and started Braking Dawn today.

I also really liked New Moon a lot. I thought Jacob was fantastic! I also enjoyed Eclipse. Bella didn't bother me so much in New Moon becuse I liked seeing her attitude turn around thru her interaction with Jacob. I do have to say that Bella got on my nerves just a bit more during Eclipse with her constant self-deprication and the "I don't want to be that girl" attitude toward the concept of marrying young. I'm waiting to see if that changes at all in Breaking Dawn. All in all, I am still delighting in reading this series!

Good to know, thanks for the feedback ClosetRTWatcher. I too am still enjoying this series so much, way more than a happily married Mom of two should, cause I'm way past my teen years. Oh well, I know I'm not alone.

And, good news, I read that New Moon will begin filming next March, which would likely lead us to a Fall 2009 release date, yay!

I also went and saw the movie for a second time, and enjoyed it even more. The parts that bothered me the first time around didn't seem as "bothersome" the second for some reason. I guess I'll have to re-read the books, too ... just for the fun of it.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3243479;
    Good to know, thanks for the feedback ClosetRTWatcher. I too am still enjoying this series so much, way more than a happily married Mom of two should, cause I'm way past my teen years. Oh well, I know I'm not alone.
    You're definitely not alone!! I am a happily married mom of four and also way past my teens!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3243375;
    Okay, I'm not Hygena, but I just finished reading New Moon last week and finished Eclipse last night and started Braking Dawn today.

I also really liked New Moon a lot. I thought Jacob was fantastic! I also enjoyed Eclipse. Bella didn't bother me so much in New Moon becuse I liked seeing her attitude turn around thru her interaction with Jacob. I do have to say that Bella got on my nerves just a bit more during Eclipse with her constant self-deprication and the "I don't want to be that girl" attitude toward the concept of marrying young. I'm waiting to see if that changes at all in Breaking Dawn. All in all, I am still delighting in reading this series!
    I really enjoyed New Moon. There were some really heart breaking moments like when Bella talked about having a hole in her chest and had to grab herself when ever Edward was mentioned. Then there were the pages that were just the titles of months (I hope that's not a spoiler?). I remember that age and being in love with some one much older who broke my heart and my parents in great worry because I turned 'zombie' for a long time. S M captures the pain of adolescences as well as heartbreak at any age well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hygena;3243654;
    Then there were the pages that were just the titles of months (I hope that's not a spoiler?).
    I really liked those pages! When I realized what they meant it was definitely an "Awww..." moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hygena;3243654;
    I remember that age and being in love with some one much older who broke my heart and my parents in great worry because I turned 'zombie' for a long time. S M captures the pain of adolescences as well as heartbreak at any age well.
    I agree. I was never in love with anyone significantly older, but I think at that age any major infatuation seems like the most powerful thing in the world at the time!

LG.

I finally saw the movie last weekend. I went by myself to a Saturday afternoon showing and it was crammed with teenage girls, who were for the most part very well behaved. I think it wasn't the first time most of them had seen it. The loudest talking in the movie theatre was from me when I saw Stephenie on the screen and I said "That's Stephenie!" for no reason, because I was there by myself, but I hadn't realized she had a cameo. Then some of the girls ahead of me were whispering "is that Stephenie Meyer, can they back it up, no it wasn't . . ." That was funny.

I thought the best casting was Emmett and the worst acting or casting or something was Jasper. Poor kid needs something. Emmett was great though, just like I had pictured him in my head when reading the books. I liked Alice too, and Charlie - he was pretty good. I wasn't wild about all of the jumping around with Bella on Edward's back, but I know it was in the book, just seems hokey to me.

I saw Rob Pattison on Leno the other night and he doesn't give a very good interview, but seems like a decent person. I thought he made a good Edward (especially after the first "uncomfortable science class" scene) but they'll need to get shooting soon if they want him to stay "17" forever. I saw Kristin Stewart interviewed and she gave off this vibe that she was waaaay too cool for all the of nerdy Twilight fans and she really turned me off. They can recast her for the next one as far as I'm concerned. I really liked the casting of her Forks High classmates - they seemed pretty realistic for high school kids, liked Mike Newton and Jessica and all that drama. Loved the scene where Edward was taking Bella to escape from James and they drove past the high school group and you could see the contrast in her life due to this "choice" and how being just a regular kid who didn't hang out with vampires maybe wouldn't suck that bad, even in Forks.

I liked what they did with Port Angelis and Edward's rescue of Bella - the screenplay version where she'd gone along with Jessica and Angela's dress shopping trip so she could go to the bookstore and get the book on Native American legends made more sense than her reason for going had in the book actually. But then Jacob didn't break the treaty if he hadn't told Bella, so I wonder if that has any impact on the future - probably not as they never made a major plot point of the treaty until the 4th book. I'd read that they've signed on the two leads for 2 more books, but not the third, and still not decided about the rest of the cast or the director.

Congrats to Stephenie on her awesome success. My daughter wants to see the movie, but I think she needs to be a little older before she's ready for it. She's eight. There were some parts of the movie where I actually laughed because it was so cheesy, but this is a teenage romance film, so that is bound to happen I guess.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3243680;
    I saw Rob Pattison on Leno the other night and he doesn't give a very good interview, but seems like a decent person. I thought he made a good Edward (especially after the first "uncomfortable science class" scene) but they'll need to get shooting soon if they want him to stay "17" forever. I saw Kristin Stewart interviewed and she gave off this vibe that she was waaaay too cool for all the of nerdy Twilight fans and she really turned me off. They can recast her for the next one as far as I'm concerned.
    Agreed. Rob Pattinson seems like a fun loving, very eclectic, goofy guy, but a nice one. He does seem quite overwhelmed with all the attention. And, Rob, wash your hair, pretty please.

Kristen Stewart from interviews I have seen seems "above it all." She acts like a snob and has turned me off as well. Then I see pics of her and her boyfriend smoking who knows what out of a pipe and I'm sad for her. Sad that these young kids with all this promise and money and opportunity seem to make choices that blow it all up.

I'm subscribed to Entertainment Weekly, and they had about 4-5 pages on the new release of the movie and how big it was. There was a part that talked about Kristen being uncomfortable with interviews, which is the reason why she comes off as "above it all."
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread