+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Re: Twilight The Movie

Welcome, Hygena! I do, in fact, remember you on Superhero--I recapped that show. We're very glad to have
    you here! Steph also wrote for us for a long time, if you didn't know that.

And Eva, you haven't been online for ages! Good to see you.

Mantenna, thank you much for the welcome! So much to read on this site.

I am thrilled to see how successful Twilight's opening week was. I saw it last Saturday on my Birthday and before the show started, my husband went to grab some snacks. I was alone and two other women stopped at my seat and said 'oh poor dear, you had to come alone huh?' I chuckled and told them where Mark was! He has been getting all sorts of snickers on his EN World D&D board about seeing it with me. What ever, he liked it too.

CCL

Welcome Hygena!
    I know they have greenlit New Moon; I wonder if they will greenlight the other two books. They'd have to make them pretty quickly if they wanted to keep the same cast.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It was on the news last week that all 3 of the other books have been picked up for the movie rights. Maybe they'll do them all at once and then space the releases like they did with the Trilogy of the Rings.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member

I went to see Twilight last night, got there early good thing too, the place was packed. Loved the movie. Although Jasper looked like he was constipated though LOL. Loved the chemistry between Bella and Edward's character. Can't wait for the next movie.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Welcome Hygena. You are hooked just like me, I read Twilight in 24 hours and just now finished New Moon. Good thing to as I need to be social for Thanksgiving and the rest of the weekend. I start Eclipse on Monday morning, tee hee.

I am trying to convince my family to see the movie with me, I saw it last weekend, but now having read Twilight, I want to see it again and compare and contrast in my mind. I am totally hooked. And, FORT is the best forum on the net, truly, I have others that I participate on, but nothing is close to this site. I'm glad you've tried it again.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;3241242;
    For me I think I will have to look at the Twilight books and movies the same as the Harry Potter ones. The movies will never be as good as the books but I can seperate them and enjoy them both for what they are.
    ITA with this!!

I went to see the movie on my own to the first showing on Wednesday!! It was me and one other person (an older man) in the "mega digital screen" theater!

Overall I was really pleased with the movie. I thought the changes such as the early appearance of James's group made sense in the movie context - it definitely builds up the suspense (I am assuming that was done mostly for the male audience members).

The two aspects the annoyed me a tad were (1) the quick movements of the vampires were just "fast forward" movement - it didn't strike me as graceful and (2) the whole scene with Bella and Edward in the woods seemed a bit forced to me. They took revelations that took multiple lengthy conversations and development in the book and crammed it all into one scene. Yes, it was probably necessary for time constraints, but if I hadn't read the book I probably would have had a harder time buying into the quick romance. Oh, I also wasn't wild about Rosalie vocalizing her dislike of Bella. I kinda liked the idea of a brooding, glaring Rosalie!

On the plus side, I really enjoyed the baseball scene. As soon as Muse started playing, I was won over!! I was glad they got at least once good scene in with the Cullen family!! I had no issues with the casting of the Cullens. Although, as a couple of people have mentioned, I was a little put off by Carlilse's makeup - it was just a bit too much. I also thought they did an excellent job showing the differences between Bella and Edward and the rest of the kids at the high school.

I flew through the first book in two days, and polished off the second book in the same amount of time (just finished it last night). I am planning to pick up the other two during my Black Friday shopping trip in the morning!!!
    I am looking forward to seeing more of Jacob in the second movie. I realllly hope they can pull off some pretty amazing special effects for that one!

I would just like to add a thanks here to Stephanie Meyer for writing a series of books that is so very easy to get caught up in!!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3242390;
    Although, as a couple of people have mentioned, I was a little put off by Carlilse's makeup - it was just a bit too much.
    Yeah, Mr. Jennie Garth doesn't come across well as a blonde, does he? On the whole, I though the movie was okay. I didn't hate Bella as much as in the book, Rob Pattinson as Edward was delish to look at, and Charlie actually had something to do. I didn't get Nina Myers Bella's mom as much as I wanted to and Jasper just seemed in need of a laxative in most scenes. I liked the inclusion of the "baddie" trio earlier in the plot than the book...it added to the tension of the movie. What it boiled down to as for faults, in my estimation, was the direction. Catherine Harwicke's "Thirteen" was just terrible, so I didn't expect much...but that the grace and speed of the Cullen clan being reduced to some cheap "fast forward" shots was just sad. I hope they get another director for the next movie. Budget issues shouldn't be an excuse in this case, because EIP did a spoof trailer on a limited budget (college kids on the Tubes of You) and pretty much did the same thing.

I definitely enjoyed it, but I was also really put-off by the "fast-forward" effects. They looked incredibly cheap, and it really broke the flow of the film, which otherwise had nice acting performances and a good atmosphere. Actually, that sums things up pretty well--there was very good acting, a good screenplay adaptation, and a good soundtrack, but occasionally there were weak spots in each aspect that shook things up. The strength of the story and the acting (particularly the leads), however, held it together and made it an enjoyable experience overall. I enjoyed the nod to the book cover in the cafeteria scene and Steph's super-obvious cameo in the diner.

I should also note that I went with my brother and sister-in-law, and they both really enjoyed it, as well. My SIL, who has read all the books, was only bothered by the fast-motion effects, and my brother, who knows essentially nothing of the books, thought it was great. So, between the three of us, there were three different "demographics," and we all had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3242277;
    Welcome Hygena. You are hooked just like me, I read Twilight in 24 hours and just now finished New Moon. Good thing to as I need to be social for Thanksgiving and the rest of the weekend. I start Eclipse on Monday morning, tee hee.

I am trying to convince my family to see the movie with me, I saw it last weekend, but now having read Twilight, I want to see it again and compare and contrast in my mind. I am totally hooked. And, FORT is the best forum on the net, truly, I have others that I participate on, but nothing is close to this site. I'm glad you've tried it again.
    Thank you, I am enjoying reading many threads here, I have never been one to be a meany or a flame thrower or online so when I became a 'target' of some broad speculation it was a strange new feeling.

I finished New Moon last night and have already started Eclipse. Two of my girlfriends have convinced me to see the movie again but I declined when they asked me to wear glitter (its seems my dark circles and Canadian white skin is finally coming into vogue with the Vamp lit set)

+ Reply to Thread