+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Re: Twilight The Movie

I actually really liked Jasper, I thought he stole every scene he was in

I did NOT care for Nikki Reed. She looked like a bad ANTM makeover victem with that pee yellow hair awful bright red lipstick.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I've almost finished the book. Can you say I've been living and breathing this Twilight series the past several days. I enjoyed the movie, very much but the book adds so much more detail and character development. It's incredibly entertaining. And, the depth of the relationship between Bella and Edward is so much more defined than the movie, I'm so thrilled to be reading about it. Also, I love the tender relationship Bella shares with the Cullens.

I am sleep deprived and loving it!

First I have to say, Way to go Spegs! I am so proud that this has happened to a fellow FORTER. Congratulations!

Secondly, I love the books, and so does my teenage son. We went to see the movie and I have to say, we both really liked it. I thought the white paste on their faces was just a little too much and whoever said Jasper looked constipated, was right on. lol. Other than that, I loved the whole cheesy movie. Oh, and I must add that my teenage son was in hog heaven in the movie theater with so many girls! We will be seeing it again before the thanksgiving holiday is up.

talldede - now you have to get going on the next 3 books!
    Count your blessings!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3241093;
    talldede - now you have to get going on the next 3 books!
    Yep. I just finished a few hours ago, what a story, the romance and the action! And, what a nicely timed day off. Laundry can wait, ha! On to New Moon.........

I was THRILLED to read in S. Meyer's acknowledgments, a shout out to FORT. I am gathering she was/is a member here, goes by Spegs. Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3240543;
    And I have to agree that the cast is just full of sexy people. Yowza! And for those of you who haven't seen it - watch for Stephenie (our very own spegs!) sitting at the diner counter using a laptop during one of the diner scenes. (Think she might have been surfing FORT?)
    That is too cool.

I went and saw this a couple of nights ago. There were about 200 people packed into the theatre and though enjoyed it somewhat I will have to watch it again in audience that it a little less vocal as I missed a lot of dialogue due to shrieks.

When they showed Spegs on the screen...I did yell out Spegs, but that was my limit of screaming. It was cool to see her on the screen though.

As for the casting. I was so dissapointed in Jacob, Alice and Esme. Edward I loved. Bella, I wanted to smack, but that worked for me as she really frustrates me in the books. Emmett and Jasper were the ones that surprised me the most, and in good way.

For me I think I will have to look at the Twilight books and movies the same as the Harry Potter ones. The movies will never be as good as the books but I can seperate them and enjoy them both for what they are.

I do think that if I had not read the book the plot would have lost me in few places. Particulary, in how fast the romance progressed and the whole Edward breathing scene.

Congrats to Spegs! I eagerly await the next movie.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

My son attended Comic-Con in San Diego last July. One of the panels was for a movie called "The Unborn", which stars Cam Gigandet. He saw the stars of the movie walking through the Convention Center and got a good shot of Cam, which he posted on Flickr. It has been viewed 4,604 times! I'm betting the views don't have much to do with the yet un-released movie, and have a lot to do with Twilight!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Hello, I Melody and I am a newbie but some of you might have seen me on 'Who wants to be a Superhero" Season to as Hygena. I first found out about this site last year from my super over protective Husband who would mega searched the web nightly to correct, rebuke and inform fans and foes alike choosing to write about the show and me . He has a big protective thing going on!

Any way, it's been a year and I am now JUST stepping back into the forum life and was searching for a place to profess my delight over the movie TWILIGHT. I have had for some time now, a HUGE thing for Vampires ( I even made my own reality Spoof of MTV's REAL WORLD called DEADWORLD YouTube - DeadworldTV starring none other than 6 self absorbed un-deaders - you get the idea!

I must confess the movie came before the books for me but it only took me three days to finish Twilight and I am on the New Moon.

How wonderful that the Author, Stephenie Meyer (I am a BYU-Hawaii alum) gave this site such a glowing endorsement! It made me feel safe to come in a dip my toe back in the online community waters.

Melody / Hygena
    Last edited by Hygena; 11-26-2008 at 06:34 PM.

I am so happy that this is all happening for Stephenie. I met her in AZ 4 years ago (thanks to FORT) and she is such a sweetie. I wish her continued success!!!

+ Reply to Thread