+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Who is John Galt?

Re: Twilight The Movie

My husband and I saw the movie this past weekend. I had not read the books but love the whole vampire genre. I must say we both really enjoyed the movie. It was a bit of a new take on vampires - more like the vampire societies in True Blood than akin to Anne Rice's vampires, in that there are "good" vampires and "bad" vampires. Actually, I thought the vamps were more closely related to Christine Feehan's Carpathians than the vampires written by others because they were not sensitive to daylight, only without the heavy sexual content of Feehan's books. I did see a correlation to the Harry Potter series. Overall, I thought it was great and enjoyed every minute of it.

Buglover,
    Go during a weekday while all the kids are in school. We did on opening day, and there were not 15 people in the theatre!

I just got back from seeing the movie. Based on all the bad reviews I had read, I was afraid I wouldn't like it - but I really enjoyed it! I've read all the books, of course, being a fan of Stephenie's, and wasn't sure how I would feel about the movie adaptation. I must say it was very satisfying to go back and relive the beginning of the story now that I know how the saga ends. My friend and I were just giddy to watch the characters come to life on screen. The only scene I didn't care for was the "meadow" scene, because it came across as a bit cheesy - but Edward's glittering skin was much more effective than I had feared it would be. I alos like Jacob much more than I thought I would. Overall, very well done! Now I am excited for the next one.

And I have to agree that the cast is just full of sexy people. Yowza! And for those of you who haven't seen it - watch for Stephenie (our very own spegs!) sitting at the diner counter using a laptop during one of the diner scenes. (Think she might have been surfing FORT?)
    Last edited by oneTVslave; 11-24-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: to include image
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

CCL

Well, apart from a very annoying theatre experience (which I won't get into - it involved mostly pre-movie stuff anyways), I enjoyed my Twilight experience. To review:

The bad first:
    - Jasper was unintentionally hilarious
    - The white makeup was rather liberally applied (but that was more at the beginning of the movie).
    - Robert Pattinson's acting in the first couple of scenes (particularly the first classroom scene) was bad

The good:
    - Robert Pattinson got a lot better quickly
    - Kristen Stewart was really good
    - Overall the movie was good and contained most of the memorable scenes from the book (apart from the classroom scene where they were testing blood - I missed that scene. Maybe it'll be on the dvd).

I would have cast the Cullens differently (apart from Edward) but they were generally all right (apart from Jasper).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Jasper on occasion made me think of Edward Scissorhands ... but I liked him. I just hope they can film the rest of the movies before the actors age too much to play the parts, since the only one that is supposed to physically change is Jacob.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

oh that reminds me, Jasper was the only one that kind of annoyed me..what was that? lol he looked like an SNL version of Twilight..with the wide eyes and whatnot lol
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

SRS - I think he had that expression because he was trying his best not to "scent" the humans, since he was the newest "vegetarian" and it was harder for him to control the natural urge to feed. As long as he kept himself in strict control, he was ok ... I think they may have overplayed the straight face a bit, though.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I did get to see it last night. I enjoyed it, like I said before, it's been a while since I read the book. The thing when I'm reading, I've discovered, is that I very rarely put real faces on people, they're just faceless people, therefore they don't have a certain look. That being said, I think the casting was good. Jasper was a bit too much and Rosalie could have been much more beautiful, in my opinion.

The two hours of the movie went by fast, but I still felt something was missing, namely more bonding between Bella and the Cullens. Talking to Esme during the baseball game and bonding with Alice in the hotel in Phoenix, I would have liked to see more of those scenes.

But, like I said, I did enjoy it. In the future I will probably view the films (if more are to follow, which seems likely) as complements to the books, not replacing the books.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Nikki Reed looks odd looking so pale. And that blonde hair doesn't help.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3240738;
    Jasper on occasion made me think of Edward Scissorhands
    OMG!!! I thought the same thing!!!

I wasn't an enormous fan of the movie. It was alright, but I didn't really feel the spark between Edward and Bella. When he said "and so the lion fell in love with the lamb" I was like - Really? 'cause you two don't seem to like each other much at all.

I thought they did a good job with the special effects given the budget they had. But, I wish they would have spent more time on plot and character development.

All in all, I liked how they cast the movie. Alice and James were AWESOME. I thought they did a phenomenal job, and they were the most comfortable and believable out of all the actors.

I'm hoping they get a new director for New Moon, or she at least takes a different approach. But I will most certainly go see it.
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything useful, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    F - is for Fire that burns down the whole town.
    U - is for Uranium...BOMBS!
    N - is for No survivors...
    - Plankton, Spongebob Squarepants (FUN Song)

+ Reply to Thread