+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Re: Twilight The Movie

Hot Topic in the mall has so much merchandise for this movie. I walked in on Saturday to buy a shirt for my son and they even had the soundtrack for the movie playing in the background. I can't believe the hype for this movie!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Just got back from seeing this movie! WOW! I loved it. What intense drama and passion between Bella and Edward. I'm glad I saw it first, now I can have those images in my mind, the actors faces as I read the story. I can't wait to pay full price to see it a 2nd time. I'm cheap, I never pay for a movie twice, but I'll make an exception. LOL!

Oh, and your welcome ClosetNerd and Marleybone.

Whoa, the opening sales are impressive! Though I gotta say that I was expecting it to be huge, with the huge fanbase and all.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3239530;
    I have to disagree. Sorry CrossingGuard. I don't want to spoil it for those who have not seen the movie, but I don't think people who have not read the book will understand how Edward and Bella go from strangers to madly-in-love in just a few minutes. I've read the book twice and I thought the jump was very quick, even understanding the intensity of their feelings behind mere glances.
    Well my female friends who have read Twilight have all said they are deeply in love with Edward. So I just kept in mind that many girls fall in love with the guy, whether it's the girls in the story or girls reading the story.

Also, Bella's HS friends seemed to imply that every girl at the school had a crush on him. So it wasn't that much of a surprise.

The only time I've read a book before seeing its movie counterpart is A Series of Unfortunate Events, and that was back when I was in... 5th grade? I can't remember. And I absolutely despised the movie. They integrated the first 3 books into one, which isn't bad. But then they took a storyline in the first book and put it at the end of the movie, after the events of the second and third books. I knew the actual details, and I didn't like the movie. But my friends who didn't read the book really liked the movie, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3239549;
    First off - an apology to teenagers everywhere. I hadn't realized how my post sounded until I read the one from Crossingguard. I didn't mean to imply that all (or even the majority of) teens are rude in movie theatres or anywhere else. In fact, I generally find the opposite to be true. However, I had heard/read a lot of comments about the experiences others had already had with this movie in particular so I was pleased that I wasn't in with that type of group. So - my sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended.
    Oh no worries. I just wanted to clear the air because after reading all of the comments made in here, it seemed that most of the teens were annoying and caused unneeded noise. I just wanted to say that not all of us teens are like that.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3239591;
    Running to the book store now, I think I can squeeze in a viewing of this movie this Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks for all the input. I'll leave my fellow posters with this.

Phwoar! Thanks, talldede!

Can't wait until tomorrow night when I finally go to see the movie!

Excellent weekend sales - that's exciting.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Premium Member

I loved it. I was afraid I wouldn't get in because the line was really long, but the theater showing Twilight wasn't crowded at all.

I won't spoil anything for those who haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I was pleasantly surprised that almost everything in the movie was pretty much just as I had pictured it in my mind when I read the book. There were a few things that disappointed me a little, but for the most part I loved it and would like to see it again. I will buy the soundtrack, too, I thought some of the music was just hauntingly beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3239039;
    oh my goodness! carlisle! seriously hot!
    I'll second that. The makeup artists went a bit crazy with the white powder on him, though. Still: HOTNESS!

I really frown upon objectifying gorgeous men, btw. In theory.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3239783;
    Just got back from seeing this movie! WOW! I loved it. What intense drama and passion between Bella and Edward. I'm glad I saw it first, now I can have those images in my mind, the actors faces as I read the story. I can't wait to pay full price to see it a 2nd time. I'm cheap, I never pay for a movie twice, but I'll make an exception. LOL!
    Yay, I'm glad you liked the movie talldede. I agree with you, I would also watch the movie a second time. My other cousins (I have a lot of cousins BTW ) invited me to watch it tonight (or yesterday night, since it's already past midnight), but I had to pass up the offer since I have a lot of homework to do.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

In the spur of the moment I decided to go tonight. We moved all of our stuff out of the apartment yesterday but we can't move ourselves until tomorrow. All we have is one computer each and some sofa cushions to sit on, so I decided to go see Twilight in stead of staying here. Mr. Fatale will play floorball so he's getting out and I know he won't be interested.

So now I'm really excited! I will come back and share my views, sometime the following days (don't know when we'll get internet connection at the new place), maybe even tonight. It's been a while since I've read it, it's not fresh in my mind which I'm hoping is a good thing.

I just talked to one of my male siblings who took his daughter and a group of under 12 girls to see Twilight. He has no knowledge of the story except I did mention the books to him and that the movie will be out and that it should be a big hit with the tweens. That being said, he basically enjoyed taking the girls out and was happy that they enjoyed it, but he felt that it was a recycled plot fusing Anne Rice's "Interview with a Vampire" and "Beverly Hills 90210". I was surprised at his choice of movies as "Interview" is a bit intense. He also mentioned that he was the only male in the audience (he took the girls Sunday at 1:30pm) and that there were a lot of moms with their daughters there. He said some of the teens were really loud and annoying. He had a teenage girl sitting in front of him who would not shut up at all during the movie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The whole teenager audience is one of the reasons I will wait until it comes out on DVD. I hate sitting through movies with talking people and teenage girls tend to be the worst at that. We have 2 of them so I will allow mr buglover to take them if they desire to see it in the theater.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread