+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Re: Twilight The Movie

First off - an apology to teenagers everywhere. I hadn't realized how my post sounded until I read the one from Crossingguard. I didn't mean to imply that all (or even the majority of) teens are rude in movie theatres or anywhere else. In fact, I generally find the opposite to be true. However, I had heard/read a lot of comments about the experiences others had already had with this movie in particular so I was pleased that I wasn't in with that type of group. So - my sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended.

Talldede - keep your hair! For another little bit of input, I'll add that, in my opinion, it is generally better to see a movie prior to reading the book. There is no way that a 2 hour movie can go into the detail of a book and I am generally disappointed at what is left out or changed to fit the time frame. I also get mental pictures of characters when I read, and the casting doesn't always fit what is in my head. So, if you see the movie first then you already have those images to transfer to your reading. Besides, it's a long book - this way, you can see the movie NOW! Hope I helped a little.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

It's a long book but a fast read! I started and finished mine in the same day!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Running to the book store now, I think I can squeeze in a viewing of this movie this Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks for all the input. I'll leave my fellow posters with this.

I read the book so long ago, the details and sequence weren't fresh in my mind, but I don't suppose that's helpful advice here. I did find that Esme and Rosalyn were nothing like what I had pictured, so that was a valid observation. I went intending to enjoy it, knowing it wasn't hailed by critics. We both wanted to see it again right away.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3239591;
    I'll leave my fellow posters with this.
    I accept
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

my friend who went and didn't read the books loved the movie it was fun watching her reaction, especially during the woods scene, where he is throwing the tree and stuff, I knew he wasn't going to bite Bella, but my friend didn't..so she was holding her hand up to her face and stuff hehe she understood it fine, in fact she said to me "wow, I don't know how she kept her hands off him her feelings for him were obviously intense.. didn't seem weird to her at all..I personally would say watch the movie before you read the book..the book will make things more clear, but if you read the book first IMO the chances of you being disappointed are bigger.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Premium Member

I'm going this afternoon, so we'll see. Thanks for the yummy poster, talldede.

I'm going tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, whenever I read a book first, the movie always comes out a little short of my expectations. But still I remain hopeful...and pretty vampires...sigh...if only he spoke with a British accent
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, this is spegs' book/series/movie?? I remember when someone posted that she had gotten a book published and I made a note to try to get it, but something happened (I think we were overseas) and I never did and forgot about it. How cool to "know" someone from their "before" days! Congrats spegs if you read this part of FORT--and how could you resist? --and I had been thinking from all the talk that I should try these books, so now it 's for sure.

It certainly had a great opening weekend. Way to go Spegs.

'Twilight' takes $70.6M bite out of box office - Road Runner

+ Reply to Thread