+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mama Mia!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: Mama Mia!

I went to see it yesterday with a group of women from work and we all loved it. No dancing in the aisles but definate dancing and singing in our seats. Pierce's singing was bad but that made his character more endearing to me.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I just saw this movie and I loved it so much! I can't wait to see it again and again. Too bad there are so many sexual references this is a movie I'd love to share with my daughter (she's only 8) There's nothing overt just not appropriate for an 8yr old.
    I have to agree that Pierce's singing was not fantastic but it wasn't really bad either.
    2 men that I have had 'celebrity crushes' on since the 80's are Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth and I got them both in one movie!
    This one is going in my collection for sure!

Ashley your friends probably didn't like the movie because you guys are of a different generation... way younger than the rest of us MM lovers. The music didn't speak to them and the storyline itself was OTT - I can see younger people not liking the movie.

Voulez-Vous was my first record ever... yep vinyl record, I was 12 yrs old and I played that thing until I warped it. I may still have it in the basement around here somewhere
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I had dancing queen in my head for an entire week after watching this movie.

Just to warn folks.

I went to the sing a long version this weekend and had so much fun. Pierce didn't really bother me at all and I was expecting him to be horrible based on everything I had read. I didn't go with anyone that I knew but everyone in the theatre was singing along throughout
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange;3165771;
    I had dancing queen in my head for an entire week after watching this movie.

Just to warn folks.
    Me, too, and I wasn't even that familiar with the song before...and now it's back again...Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123