+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mama Mia!

FORT Fan

Re: Mama Mia!

I don't know why all the negative comments about Pierce's singing - he sings a heck of a lot better than a lot of amateurs I know, and certainly a lot better than half the contestants on American Idol. And he didn't go flat at any time.

As for the movie itself - loved it! Sat through the entire thing with a smile on my face and am glad I sat through the credits for the final number with the entire cast. This is a movie I would buy to watch again.

FORT Fanatic

We saw it with about 15 women and LOVED it! We took up the back row and danced ourselves silly through the end songs!

It was delightful and fun and brought back too many memories of a mirror and a hairbrush and thinking I could be the fifth member of abba!

Sorry, but Pierce was pretty tragic but it really lent some more hilarity to the the film.

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.

Saw this movie over the weekend and LOVED it! The entire audience literally clapped when the credits started rolling. I have not expereinced that since seeing My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Make sure that you stay til the end of the credits for a hilarious moment! The scenery was gorgeous and made me want to go to Greece even more than I already do! The singing from Pierce and Meryl that has been so highly criticized didn't take away from the movie at all even if they weren't the best!

I saw it yesterday and throughly enjoyed the show. I had read critiques of both Meryl's and Pierce's singing so I do think I went in with prejudiced ear. Still if they were so bad why couldn't they have their voices dubbed over by professional singers? They used to do it all the time in old Hollywood. I don't think it would have taken away from either actor's performance as they are known for being actors and not singers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I didn't think Meryl was bad at all, she was wonderful. I thought Pierce's singing was weak, not out of key, just weak. In the live show, the Sam character has a very strong singing voice and is not at all comical (singing).

I knew Pierce wouldn't be a good singer but he's great eye candy so that balances it out for me!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

My friends went to see this movie over the weekend and hated it. They said they actually left early it was that bad.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3147457;
    My friends went to see this movie over the weekend and hated it. They said they actually left early it was that bad.
    It was not that bad. If you know that it is a bit of a sugary sweet musical than you won't be dissappointed.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I can't see anyone "hating it" unless they didn't know what to expect going in. Bummer for them. The musical is intentionally campy and over the top, and the movie captures that.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I was dragged to this movie and didn't want anything to do with it... I made a bargain that I would see this if my friend would see Batman with me... I came out of the movie shocked. I loved loved loved it. So much so that I went on itunes and downloaded the whole Mamma Mia soundtrack. It was a GREAT movie and I cannot wait to buy it when it comes on DVD. I learned I am a ABBA freak. I loved the music. I am not a musical person at all and I cannot stress how much I loved this film. Ok done gushing.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast