+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Shutter

  1. #1
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764

    Shutter

    I watched this today and I have a question for anyone who saw it who may be a professional photographer like the character in the movie. In a couple of scenes, there were these large electronic box type things on the floor that triggered some sort of bulb. They were obviously connected to the photography somehow but I've never seen anything like that before. What exactly were they and what was their purpose? My husband thinks they may have been chargers for high powered flash bulbs?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  2. #2
    FORT = Love FoxyMoxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    14

    Re: Shutter

    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3132367;
    I watched this today and I have a question for anyone who saw it who may be a professional photographer like the character in the movie. In a couple of scenes, there were these large electronic box type things on the floor that triggered some sort of bulb. They were obviously connected to the photography somehow but I've never seen anything like that before. What exactly were they and what was their purpose? My husband thinks they may have been chargers for high powered flash bulbs?
    Im super sorry, but I have no clue. Haha good question though.
    I am currently with one of my friends. On the plane ride to see her I rented one of the Digi-players (sorry if I spelled that incorrectly). "Shutter" was one of the options. I honestly didn't like it. I think it copied the "Grudge" too much. I liked the ending! The ending was awesome how she kept haunting that poor man. All in all though, I rate the movie a 3 on a 1-10 scale.
    "She wakes up to the cold that she created.
    There's a winter in her mind, though outside the snow has faded
    and the sun is bright
    but she's bundled up tight"

  3. #3
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764

    Re: Shutter

    Oh, see, I absolutely loved it. I thought it was a little cliche that it took place in Japan like so many other horror movies these days (The Grudge, The Ring, One Missed Call, The Eye, etc..) but I really liked it. I think if someone took a picture of me and one of my deceased relatives or my deceased friend showed up standing next to me in the picture, I'd probably run screaming to the nearest padded room.
    I'd give it an 8 out of 10 stars. I didn't give it 10 because it was sort of like "Oh, here we go again. Another ghost story taking place in Japan." Maybe we should all stay away from Japan for a while, huh?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  4. #4
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Shutter

    All of the movies you listed are originally from Japan and adapted by American film makers. You've got to watch the Japanese versions, to me they are far more frightening!
    Yup, with donuts!!

  5. #5
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,565

    Re: Shutter

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3135657;
    All of the movies you listed are originally from Japan and adapted by American film makers. You've got to watch the Japanese versions, to me they are far more frightening!
    I thought the Japanese version of Dark Water was far superior to the American version. I thought both versions of The Ring were very good. I was more surprised by the differences between them - I expected them to be carbon-copies with exactly the same story.

  6. #6
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Shutter

    I too found Dark Water much better in Japanese. That actually scared me, the American version, not so much. If you like Asian horror, check out Audition! Whoa! That movie scared the crap out of me!
    Yup, with donuts!!

  7. #7
    FORT = Love FoxyMoxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    14

    Re: Shutter

    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3135062;
    Oh, see, I absolutely loved it. I thought it was a little cliche that it took place in Japan like so many other horror movies these days (The Grudge, The Ring, One Missed Call, The Eye, etc..) but I really liked it. I think if someone took a picture of me and one of my deceased relatives or my deceased friend showed up standing next to me in the picture, I'd probably run screaming to the nearest padded room.
    I'd give it an 8 out of 10 stars. I didn't give it 10 because it was sort of like "Oh, here we go again. Another ghost story taking place in Japan." Maybe we should all stay away from Japan for a while, huh?

    I think thats the reason why it didn't do it for me. They are making all the horror movies take place in Japan. We need something new. haha Why couldn't they have had it take place in Ireland or Florida. I dont know.

    I haven't seen Dark Water yet. I've been meaning to, but usually I come across a different movie I'm interested in renting.
    "She wakes up to the cold that she created.
    There's a winter in her mind, though outside the snow has faded
    and the sun is bright
    but she's bundled up tight"

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey srs_in_Oregon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Silverton, Or
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,713

    Re: Shutter

    oh I thought it was far superior to "the grudge" the grudge bored me to tears, I actually enjoyed shutter haha american version..I dont do subtitles, so I cant watch the japanese versions..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.