+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shutter

Shutter

I watched this today and I have a question for anyone who saw it who may be a professional photographer like the character in the movie. In a couple of scenes, there were these large electronic box type things on the floor that triggered some sort of bulb. They were obviously connected to the photography somehow but I've never seen anything like that before. What exactly were they and what was their purpose? My husband thinks they may have been chargers for high powered flash bulbs?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Re: Shutter

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3132367;
    I watched this today and I have a question for anyone who saw it who may be a professional photographer like the character in the movie. In a couple of scenes, there were these large electronic box type things on the floor that triggered some sort of bulb. They were obviously connected to the photography somehow but I've never seen anything like that before. What exactly were they and what was their purpose? My husband thinks they may have been chargers for high powered flash bulbs?
    Im super sorry, but I have no clue. Haha good question though.
    I am currently with one of my friends. On the plane ride to see her I rented one of the Digi-players (sorry if I spelled that incorrectly). "Shutter" was one of the options. I honestly didn't like it. I think it copied the "Grudge" too much. I liked the ending! The ending was awesome how she kept haunting that poor man. All in all though, I rate the movie a 3 on a 1-10 scale.
    "She wakes up to the cold that she created.
    There's a winter in her mind, though outside the snow has faded
    and the sun is bright
    but she's bundled up tight"

Oh, see, I absolutely loved it. I thought it was a little cliche that it took place in Japan like so many other horror movies these days (The Grudge, The Ring, One Missed Call, The Eye, etc..) but I really liked it. I think if someone took a picture of me and one of my deceased relatives or my deceased friend showed up standing next to me in the picture, I'd probably run screaming to the nearest padded room.
    I'd give it an 8 out of 10 stars. I didn't give it 10 because it was sort of like "Oh, here we go again. Another ghost story taking place in Japan." Maybe we should all stay away from Japan for a while, huh?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

All of the movies you listed are originally from Japan and adapted by American film makers. You've got to watch the Japanese versions, to me they are far more frightening!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3135657;
    All of the movies you listed are originally from Japan and adapted by American film makers. You've got to watch the Japanese versions, to me they are far more frightening!
    I thought the Japanese version of Dark Water was far superior to the American version. I thought both versions of The Ring were very good. I was more surprised by the differences between them - I expected them to be carbon-copies with exactly the same story.

I too found Dark Water much better in Japanese. That actually scared me, the American version, not so much. If you like Asian horror, check out Audition! Whoa! That movie scared the crap out of me!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3135062;
    Oh, see, I absolutely loved it. I thought it was a little cliche that it took place in Japan like so many other horror movies these days (The Grudge, The Ring, One Missed Call, The Eye, etc..) but I really liked it. I think if someone took a picture of me and one of my deceased relatives or my deceased friend showed up standing next to me in the picture, I'd probably run screaming to the nearest padded room.
    I'd give it an 8 out of 10 stars. I didn't give it 10 because it was sort of like "Oh, here we go again. Another ghost story taking place in Japan." Maybe we should all stay away from Japan for a while, huh?

I think thats the reason why it didn't do it for me. They are making all the horror movies take place in Japan. We need something new. haha Why couldn't they have had it take place in Ireland or Florida. I dont know.

I haven't seen Dark Water yet. I've been meaning to, but usually I come across a different movie I'm interested in renting.
    "She wakes up to the cold that she created.
    There's a winter in her mind, though outside the snow has faded
    and the sun is bright
    but she's bundled up tight"

oh I thought it was far superior to "the grudge" the grudge bored me to tears, I actually enjoyed shutter haha american version..I dont do subtitles, so I cant watch the japanese versions..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread