+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

It's going to have the biggest opening weekend ever, I think. Shows all around the states have been selling out, almost all of the IMAX showings through the weekend are sold out and theatres have been adding Friday 3 AM showings in order to cater to the demand of fans. It's easily got the biggest marketing campaign for a film I've ever seen, mostly online but still, a load in the real world. What are all of your thoughts on the upcoming Christopher Nolan film? When will you be seeing it?

Apple - Trailers - The Dark Knight - Trailer 3
    Last edited by iv3rdawG; 07-14-2008 at 12:23 PM.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Re: The Dark Knight

I am really looking forward to this one, mostly because Heath Ledger appears to be brilliantly disturbing in it!!

However, I have young kids and we typically don't do theater movies that we can't take them to so we will probably wait for DVD on this one.

I cannot wait to see this movie! I am going on Friday morning. I have a friend in from out of town so was playing hooky anyway and figure it will be a good time to see it. I keep stalking the ticket site and as soon as the show we want goes up, I'm grabbing tickets. I am a huge Heath fan and am looking forward to his performance. I'm also a Batman fan, so this looks like as good as it gets for me. The rumors/reviews that it lives up to the hype are only getting me more excited!
    Wag more, bark less

I'm gonna wait till the furor dies down, so I can view it in comfort, rather than in a seething mass of humanity.

IMAX would be nice, but that may be a pipe dream.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3135064;
    I'm gonna wait till the furor dies down, so I can view it in comfort, rather than in a seething mass of humanity.
    That's what we're doing. I bought Batman Begins this week, so the Mr. and I are going to do a nachos and movie night this Saturday to get caught up, and then we're going to wait for the 2 billion people who need to see this before we do to clear out of the theatre. But I am looking forward to it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

This movie is ALL I've heard from my son for months now...since he's at his dad's right now..I was a sweet mom and bought him and the ex tickets for Friday night
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Premium Member

I have heard that this movie has already sold out for the opening performance in 700 theaters across North America. I can't wait to see it, especially since Heath Ledger is amazing as the Joker.

My son is going to want to see this and buy the poster for it!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well, I went to a midnight showing of the movie and I thought it was excellent! Heath Ledger was perfect as the Joker. I think his performance is definitely Oscar worthy.

It was a really awesome experience. Just a load of fun and great performances all around. Wonderful action sequences too. The scene
    Click to see Spoiler:
    where Harvey is put into the truck up to where Gordon saves Batman
    was my favorite sequence of the film. People all dressed up for the screening, news cameras there interviewing people before and after the showing. Heath Ledger really isn't overhyped. He did great but so did Aaron Eckhart.

The film also broke midnight sales records, grossing $18.5 million, that doesn't include the 3 and 6 AM showings either.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast