+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Dark Knight

Re: The Dark Knight

I saw this movie on Saturday and it was brilliant from beginning to end. I don't think that it was too long at all, but then I never felt the urge to look at my watch. Jumped out of my seat multiple times and everyone in the cast was superb.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

CCL

I liked the movie but I did think it was too long. Also, I didn't particularly like Maggie Gyllenhall's Rachel - there was no chemistry between her and Harvey Dent at all, and little between her and Bruce Wayne. I would rather have had Katie Holmes back and see what she would have done with the role.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Too bad Katie chose to do Mad Money instead I don't like when sequels change actors.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I don't think it was so much her choosing as much as it was a decision from the higher ups at warner bros.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

For those who are waiting for the theaters to empty out a bit, it's time. I went to a 5pm weekday showing and there were 4 people in the theater until about 2 minutes after the previews began. Had my own row.
    And Heath was indeed terrific. Everyone was good, including "Alfred"!
    But it is pretty scary for little kids I think. At one point a young child is threatened with death and there's a very disturbing conversation where the father is being forced to falsely reassure the child and the child knows it.
    Made me even sadder about Heath's death.

Nilesgirl, if you look at the character's drawings in the actual comic book, you will notice the disfigurement is on the left side of the character's face. That's what impressed me the most about the CG job there and the character design: about how much it LOOKED like the comic book drawings.

I saw this movie with my sister, her boyfriend, and her bf's brother. My sister does not like these movies at ALL (case in point, her current DVD movie obsession is The Holiday.) and she really liked this movie. I loved Heath as the Joker. Jack Nicholson's Joker was way to happy and jokey. On the otherhand, Heath's Joker had dark humor (which I know when I was one of the few people laughing at parts nobody else was laughing at), but always reminds you that he is one off balanced man. That he really is that insane.

On a slightly related note, when the first time you see the Joker on screen speaking, my sister whispered to me, "OMG! How did Heath Ledger lose his accent!" I responded with, "It's called 'acting'"
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The more I think about this movie (which is more than I do the usual blockbuster for sure) the more I realize that "Batman" was actually a fairly small role in this picture. I'm betting if you counted both The Joker and Dent had more screen time/lines...certainly both actors livened up the screen more than Batman did. Even Alfred seemed to have more to do than Batman. As for Maggie G., I agree there wasn't a lot of chemistry...of course it is a pretty thankless role.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I finally saw The Dark Knight tonight. It was great, but I found it oddly hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I loved it and want to buy it on DVD when it comes out, but there was something inexplicably funny about the whole thing--the hokiness of Eric Roberts' performance, the over-the-top growliness of the Batman voice, the camera man from "Suddenly Susan" as the mayor, Gary Oldman's tenuous grasp on an American accent, how every car chase happened to run beneath an El train line in Chicago, the borrowing of the "Empire Strikes Back" for the flipping of the 18 wheeler...I could go on, but I'll stop. And I really enjoyed Heath Ledger's Joker; I thought a lot of the hype was just, well, hype around his performance. But it really was top-notch; I was rooting for the Joker the whole time because of it.

I thought the Dark Knight is an excellent movie. I recommend seeing it
    at an Imax theater if you have one near you.
    Treat me with respect and I'll treat you with respect.

My husband just picked up the 2 disc set for my son for Christmas! He's going to be so excited! He watched the movie in theatres 4 times.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234