+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Re: The Dark Knight

Okay. Cool. I had such a hard time watching Heath as the Joker because I knew it was his last role and it made me so sad. I was joking with my husband leaving the movie though about the last time we saw the Joker. I'm like "So, the last time we saw the Joker, he was still dangling from his ankles off the side of the building laughing his butt off." LOL
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I feel the same way as you do nilesgirl...seeing Heath as the Joker makes me sad..no matter how awesome he is in the role..its a dark role to have been his last.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Im glad that this is a departure from the previous films.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth today (Monday) at 8:30pm and the theatre parking lot was packed. The movie house had 3 theatres dedicated to the Dark Knight. I asked the girls at the counter what happened and they said it was OK during the day but by 6pm the people started coming in to see the show and that they were totally unprepared to have that many people in on a Monday night. While I was getting my tickets at (8:30) a little kid and his dad got tickets for DK and they had to wait for the 9:50 showing. When I left around 10:10pm, there were people waiting in the halls to see the later shows and they parking lot was still 80% full. Amazing for a week night.

My suggestion, this movie is going to be around for a good 6 weeks. If you can wait, go after week 3.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I saw TDK last night and thought it was outstanding. My friend (who is not a comic fan by any stretch) also loved it, and we were particularly impressed with the performances of Ledger and Eckhart, who managed to even overshadow Bale! I loved that they finally got the portrayal of the Joker right--he has his amusing moments, but there's always a palpable danger and menacing presence when he's on the screen. The lack of origin information made him all the more terrifying. Also, it was wonderful that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he was completely unstoppable and outsmarted the heroes at absolutely every turn.
    Many thanks to Christopher Nolan and the cast of this new series, who have saved the Batman franchise. (I think the pre-Nolan films were complete rubbish.) I can't wait to see TDK again.

Oh, and there has been a lot of discussion about this, and I don't think kids should see this movie. The villains are terrifying in both appearance and their actions. There is another villain that shows up, and I don't want to say who it is and spoil it, but he actually made me jump with just his mere appearance. Which is exactly how it should be.

Edit: I also saw the IMAX version, which probably largely contributed to the awesomeness.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-23-2008 at 09:34 PM.

I agree with you on not taking kids. My friend's 9 year old daughter wants to see it but he really feels like it might be too violent for her and the Joker was so terrifying that she may have nightmares. After seeing it, I called him and told him that he's right. I told him it wouldn't be a good idea to take his daughter to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    There is another villain that shows up, and I don't want to say who it is and spoil it, but he actually made me jump with just his mere appearance.
    Are you talking about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Two-face
    ? If so, anyone who saw the original movies knew what this person's real name was and anyone who saw the trailers knew that this person was going to be in the movie and we would see how this person became the villian.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 07-25-2008 at 09:55 AM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I just didn't expect
    Click to see Spoiler:
    his death
    to come that quickly.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Usually a movie this over hyped disappoints, and this one just blew me away. Heath will win every award he is up for, deservedly so. His portrayal was disturbing and entertaining and thought provoking all at the same time -- and somehow believable. I was truly amazed at the plot twists and layers to this movie. Maggie was certainly a step up over Katie, and Havery Dent was memorable. Christian was his usual dark and scary self, but Heath took this movie to a new level.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

I liked all the things everyone here liked, but there were too many explosions. I don't go to a lot of movies that feature explosions, so maybe it was par for the course, but it got boring.
    Count your blessings!

I thought really the only thing the movie could've done without was the copycat people (the people who were trying to imitate Batman). Just plain silliness if you ask me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast