+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't Mess with the Zohan

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Don't Mess with the Zohan

Saw this last night--my sig. other's choice, not mine. Very well done of its kind---nice overall message on Middle Eastern peace and following your dream-- but amazing to both of us that it is PG-13. The humor is very crude if euphemistic and just about entirely based on sex (the exceptions being mocking of the stunts in action films, which was funny to those of us who've seen more than enough "humans" leaping tall buildings at a single bound and avoiding every bullet from an AK-47). Also male and female rear view nudity briefly. The not too subtlely implied (heterosexual) sexual activity just about all involves ladies above a certain age and weight, which is certainly a refreshing change but may cause your children to look at you a little differently shall we say. Not sure who wants to be the chaperone with a bunch of 12 year old males for a birthday party movie for this one! And my guess is, that's exactly the audience it's perfect for in many ways. OK, should confess, my S.O. loved it...and isn't a 12 year old male, so I guess there is a larger audience....
    It was nice to see a lot of older actresses employed (some of my favorites from the soaps were there!), and in a non-traditional way...as women who could actually elicit a sexual response from a much younger man and who would be interested in that---at first done for laughs, but by the end it just seems "normal". So add that to the good messages I guess!

Re: Don't Mess with the Zohan

I did not like this movie. I saw it with a couple of my friends that I've been close to for a while. None of us enjoyed it at all. I love the main actor and I think this has been one of his weakest movies yet. This is just my opinion. haha

Im more of a action, romance lover. This comedy didn't do it for me.

I normally don't like to go see movies like this as it is geared to young males and tends to have a lot of crude body humor. For some reason it appealed to me and it broke up my week so I went and saw it on cheap movie night (Tuesday) at our local theater. It was exactly what I expexted, but I laughed and enjoyed it. Didn't expect to see so much male butt. What I liked was the fact that all the men in the movie liked older and bigger women. I liked that they showed women over 30 who were not in model perfect shape and liked sex in all forms and varieties. That was a lot of fun. That and seeing cameos of all these grand dames from the soaps. What was also interesting was the Middle Eastern politics take on the movie. Who knew Mariah Carey was that popular. Dumb and stupid but well done. I laughed and felt good afterwards. Good to see disco still alive and well.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And speaking of cameos... "Mr. Sulu" in the group of gay men right near the end.

FORT Newbie

I like Adam Sandler. He's funny

+ Reply to Thread