+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted

Wanted

Don't go and see this movie it is a complete waste of time and money. I had heard good things about this movie. That it was very Matrix like and the trailer looked great. Well, I never really had that much sympathy for the main character and about a third of the way through the movie I realized that I don't like the character of Wesley, I have no sympathy and the story didn't make any sense. Come on your father leaves you at 6 months and never contacted you. Turns out he was an assasin of the The Fraternity and supposedly killed by a rogue and you are The Fraternities only hope so they train you to kill the rogue. You feel all this lose and want to seek vengence?? Don't think so. The story goes down from there. Really how old is Angelina Jole? 40? There is no chemistry between her and Wesley who is all of 25. The film just reeks. Rent it if you have to.

I give this movie a D, or a thumbs down.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Re: Wanted

Different strokes for different folks. I liked it. It wasn't cerebral or anything (and I felt the Matrix was attempting to be that, at least the first one) but it was entertaining.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Bearcata, you seem to be implying that 25 year old guys don't find ancient Angelina hot... certainly not the case among the 25 year old males of my acquaintance! Or did you just mean that this particular actor didn't seem to have chemistry with her?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3089801;
    Bearcata, you seem to be implying that 25 year old guys don't find ancient Angelina hot... certainly not the case among the 25 year old males of my acquaintance! Or did you just mean that this particular actor didn't seem to have chemistry with her?
    I meant that there was no chemistry between the two actors.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I liked the movie for what I think it was supposed to be, mindless entertainment. Some of the action scenes were so amazing - opening sequence & the train sequence in the mountains. Others not so much like the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    rats and watches to blow up the building
    give me a break. Overall it was a good summer movie.

As for chemistry between Angie & James. It wasn't like they fell in love or were soulmates or anything like that. I thought it was more of a friendship type bonding. Which I believed.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Went to see it Sunday and like as mentioned above, enjoyed it for the mindless entertainment that it was. Also enjoyed the special effects. I know one thing, the hubby and I couldn't stop talking about how skeletal Angelina looked.

she's 32
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I flippin' loved this movie.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3094429;
    she's 32
    Must have been all that blood drinking she did with husband number 1, really aged her. I would never have pegged her as being only in her early 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3094063;
    Went to see it Sunday and like as mentioned above, enjoyed it for the mindless entertainment that it was. Also enjoyed the special effects. I know one thing, the hubby and I couldn't stop talking about how skeletal Angelina looked.
    That explains Beowulf. They added all those curves with CGI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast